Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Bluetooth-2-Bluetooth or WiFi-2-WiFi?

I was wondering if there was a way to get Laptop to communicate & swap files with Desktop via Bluetooth?

Or even using WiFi (I would get one of those USB Adapters for the Desktop to have WiFi)...?

(( I got one of those USB Cables to connect the Computer [&, in theory, see the Other as in Networking] but, alias, it is 'not' working for me ))

Thanks - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Default Re: Bluetooth-2-Bluetooth or WiFi-2-WiFi?

With WiFi you can configure for an 'adhoc' network between the two computers.

If you already have a WiFi wideband router you would only need the WiFi network adapters and the drivers.

Was there any software that came with the USB cable you purchased? The cable would need to be configured to cross the send and receive between each end. Software would also need to be installed so the computers would communicate across the cable.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Yup - There was a CD (from China) - Installed on Each computer (first not connecting, then connecting) - Then on the Other (same order) -but, after all was Installed - I still could not get them to 'see' each Other (like a network)... wrote the folks who made... but, no Help... (will try again one day, when in detective mood)
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Did you have any shared folders on either computer? A network can only see those folders that are shared.

If the computers are running a firewall that would also need to be turned off.
    Last edited by Soquili; 09 October 2006 at 12:44 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP