Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Creating a background for a website

Okay, this is what I want to do: I want to create a background for a website using Corel Draw12. The problem is I don't really know where to begin. What I want is for the background to have a transparent logo of the website. Sort of like showing the website logo but not too noticable where it is going to affect the writing on the website. Any advice will help. Thank you.
    IP

Default Re: Creating a background for a website

You mean something like this for example? (With profound apologies to the creator of the Talk Graphics logo)

http://zioxville.homestead.com/files/TG.jpg
    IP

Yes exactly!!!!! How would I go about creating that type of background? Would I use the whole page on Corel Draw or just a part of it? You know how they let you choose what size you want to start your drawing or picture with, either paper size in inches, percentage or pixel size.
    IP

If you want to make your own bitmap pattern you can pull up the individual bitmap tiles and reference their size and then make your own and store to whatever folder you like. If you want them to work from withing DRAW, I know it can be done, will have to experiment to see exactly what steps it takes.

Get back to you on that one.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Hi,
    Just my 'tupance' worth here, to create a tiling background with a gradient fill is quite simple..three steps..to create a tiling backround with a logo super imposed is tricky, as the one created with the TG logo would look like a checkerboard when tiled in web page.
    The other problem is what the browser size on the receiving internet connection would be 800X600, 1024X768 etc.
    My suggestion would be to create a larger that usual gradient then super impose the TG logo neat the top, export as jpg.
    then bring into web authoring program. But be warned gradients don't show up the way you expect them to when in browsers.
    Jim
    ps I will post follow up shortly
    IP

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tile.jpg 
Views:	231 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	30343follow Up

JimWebBackground.xar
    Last edited by Scotty; 05 October 2006 at 02:30 AM.
    IP

Okay, I see. So I just have to make sure in about average what size the browser will be. I always thought that they were all the same.
    IP

Hi,
    Neogreen design for a larger size and let the 'browser' determine size. The only problem is the 'logo' on the tile as in the checker board pattern. The one I done shows the proper (my definition) way..but I am not professional just discovered by tial and error.
    Remember not all browswr support/display gradient equally.
    Jim
    IP

Okay, I see Scotty. Thanks for the information.
    IP