Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Re: October in the Xara Xone - 35 Logos and Apply QuickTime GEL Tutorial! FREE!

And one of the Apple apples. The brushed steel in the backround is not what it should be, but the apple is not bad, ain't it? This is just to show that XaraXtreme can do everything (and more) what Illustrator can do... But we already knew that, didn't we?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	apple_logo.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	30244  
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Re: October in the Xara Xone - 35 Logos and Apply QuickTime GEL Tutorial! FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by MarciaB View Post
    And one of the Apple apples. The brushed steel in the backround is not what it should be, but the apple is not bad, ain't it? This is just to show that XaraXtreme can do everything (and more) what Illustrator can do... But we already knew that, didn't we?
    Actually, it looks great. More then great, fantastic.

Thumbs up Re: October in the Xara Xone - 35 Logos and Apply QuickTime GEL Tutorial! FREE!

Very nice Marcia

Well done

Jim Toal

Default Re: October in the Xara Xone - 35 Logos and Apply QuickTime GEL Tutorial! FREE!

Very nice work in the logo gallery. Good job, everyone!

.joroho.
    Wise men still seek Him.

Gary, you're right: great Logos and graphics. Congratulations to all the artistst. Very good job.
    Tom

The work I sent Gary (DJRight) was my first design using Xara. I now know lots of other tricks, thanks to all of you, and my experiments, so I hope to send something better next year
    This forum has lots of excellent information!

Bye!

Nice job too
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Hi, I'm still around just a bit lost in the duties. I love you all.

I logged in just to comment this years logo-show. First of all I'm not extremely satisfied. Nothing really made me say *WOW*, byt I found some favorites nevertheless.

Here it is:

My top 3 favorites:

1. Gary W. Priester - I was very positively surprised, as I expected something more "american logo styled" (a lot of glossy stuff and elaborated content (like that Paul Kohlman's Photography, (although I remember you also did a lot of great "european styled" logos ;-) http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/...2/html/19.html ). Still, this is something that I didn't expect and it really made my day. It's probably the most mysterious logo in this show. I love it. It even works in small sizes. I take my hat off.

2. Valery Kouleshov - very playful. I like what you have done with famous Da Vinci's drawing.

3 Tim Seward - I'm not fully satisfied with the placement of word "gross" but I like the "GE" and needle very much. Well deserved 3rd place in my rank.

4. ZEB - not very original idea. I saw many of this kind of split red/blue + a silhouete logos before. But it has clean presentation. Thumbs up.

The rest i can live with: Luka Pensa, Bob Hahn, Nancy Leonard, Remi, Tomas Tame (without that mumbo-jumbo around the "tarsier")

thanx everyone.. those group logo shows are my favourite ;-)

Roman

Hey Roman

It has been a long time! Thanks for your comments and observations. Don't stay away so long. You are missed.

Gary

Question Re: October in the Xara Xone - 35 Logos and Apply QuickTime GEL Tutorial! FREE!

Hi again Gary, I tried the embossed seal, and as you can see I made it slightly different than yours (without the glow and with another paper fill) But when it was finished I wanted to change the font and the text I wanted to wright in French. This was no longer possible. How can you revers 'convert to editable shapes'? It's not 'add shapes'.... Or how can you revers 'convert line to shape'?
    Edit: Sorry, this is the wrong tread...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	embossed seal.gif 
Views:	137 
Size:	45.0 KB 
ID:	31066  
    Last edited by MarciaB; 24 October 2006 at 08:02 AM.
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa