Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Default Re: Designing a logo

Guys, now I sencirely think the topic was about Logo Design not about freeware leechers I don't want to fall into any dispute, since it serves no purpose.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frank View Post
    Leeches and scumbags, the lot of them. Families are the worst. Bloody spongers.
    And to top it off, they always want rides to the airport!

IP

Yes, we all gone a bit offtopic, and half this thread deserved it's own place, eheh.

I've taken everything off my chest, so let's just see what logo Andy will make
    IP

This logo thread, has been GREAT fun! And extremely educational. Not only about the subject of logo design, but also about the ethically challenged.

I have to agree with Big Frank. I don't know how many people want me to do their web pages, PowerPoint presentations, photography, design, etc., for nothing. Learning to say "no" was very important. I worked my a** off to be able to retire, and life is too short to waste it on things that are not fun.

I also agree with Big Frank about the distinction between family and friends.

Real friends never try to take advantage of you!

And people seem to think that now that I no longer have a "day job" that this should make it easy for me to do their projects for free.

I think it is human nature for many to try to get something for nothing, and most of us have been abused by family and acquaintances who think we should give them special treatment.
    IP

Hi,

I like to say thanks to Big Frank for that useful information. LAlso I really liked that logo. I think it has alot of scope to be used on other types of media especially print. It's almost as good as mine...........LOL! It was interesting what you said about colour, is there any more information on this. I would be very interested to read more. Anyway, everyone keep up the good work.

Regards
    Jason (errrm.........not Syd! LOL)
    "Good design starts with a concept"
    Syd Mead
    IP

off topic so I will remove it.
    Last edited by parahandy; 16 October 2006 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Sorry it was off topic.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by parahandy View Post
    Cast your bread upon the water and lo it will be returned a thousand fold.

Or as someone said Aye! but it makes very soggy toast.
    What do I do with a 1000 soggy breads?
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor View Post
    What do I do with a 1000 soggy breads?
    Go fishing.
    "Intbel" ... "Can't" is not an option.

Compliance is futile. Resistance is futile. Just do your own thing an' ignore 'em.
    IP

any updates AndyD
    IP

Well after submitting a number of different layouts the decision is to go for the simple crescent with ACT inside and storage in the space of the crescent... sorry nothing exciting..... I did post a number of latest drafts at http://www.actstorage.com/logos.html.
    Can anyone let me know how to change the crescent's colour so that it is "shiny" as is present in the submission buttons on this forum? This might add a little more texture to the crescent.
    Andy
    Last edited by AndyD; 19 October 2006 at 01:07 PM.
    IP