Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default anchoring line endpoints to boxes (visio?)

I would like to use Xara to create (shudder) visio-like diagrams, floor plans, flow charts etc.

True, one can do this.

But what one really wants is to have a line that is anchored to another graphic (box, edge of wall, etc) so that when one stretches the object, the line (dotted, or curved or straight) stretches automatically.

I think I can create a hack effect like this with blended objects (by grouping the end of the blends in the endpoint objects) but this is a real hack and still does not really help that much. (just created "dotted line" effects).

Suggestions?

Default Re: anchoring line endpoints to boxes (visio?)

If I understand what you want to do, create your diagram, and then scale all of the elements at the same time. Then each box/line will scale in proportion to the others.

If you are trying to move a box around and have the lines automatically move as well, that is a bit trickier. And to be honest, this is what Visio is for.

But perhaps you can post an example of what you want to do and let us have at it.

Gary

Default Re: anchoring line endpoints to boxes (visio?)

I think this is what he means.

It would be great if Xara had the ability to anchor an object to an point on a line, but for the moment that facility is beyond our reach.
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:22 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.