Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Hello, i need some help here.

Quote Originally Posted by x0fff8 View Post
    hmm, for me, my friend send me that logo of his for his shop through msn
    And the relevance of that is...?

since its a friend, i didnt really bother to find out where else that logo exist.
    Not your problem. Could become your friend's though.

im pretty sure that logo can be seen elsewhere,
    That is completely irrelevant.

but truth is .. who really cares?
    You clearly don't. Your friend clearly doesn't. But Atom Films might:

TRADEMARK NOTICE

Product names, logos, designs, titles, words or phrases used on any Atom Entertainment, Inc. web site, including without limitation, ATOMSHOCKWAVE, SHOCKWAVE.COM, ATOMFILMS, GAMEBLAST, ADDICTINGGAMES, ADDICTINGCLIPS, ATOMENTERTAINMENT.COM, ATOM.COM and the three dot logo, are owned by Atom Entertainment, Inc., its licensors, or other entities. Such trademarks, service marks and trade names may be registered in the United States and internationally.

This information can be found on their Trademark Infringement page. Might be an idea to point you friend in that direction.

its not like somebody is gonna screw you just because you use some unoriginal logo for a real shop front ..
    No, it is your friend who is screwing Atom Films for stealing what is clearly their intellectual copyright.

u guys get what i mean?
    We sure do and your critical analysis of this potentially complex legal situation has left us rooted to the spot.

With your evident business acumen I have no doubt one day you will start your own business. I hope you do well and it is a success. Then one day you might develop your own distinctive and unique logo that helps people to recognise your brand and make it even more of a success. Then one day somebody might send that logo via msn to a buddy so he can copy it and use what is clearly your brand, your intellectual copyright, your logo and change a couple of things and make it his own. Does that strike you as unethical? Do you understand the concept?

Over the years I have had copyrighted designs stolen by people like your buddy who don't really give a damn. I hope Atom Films find out and I hope Atom Films sue him.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

i didnt really bother to find out where else that logo exist. im pretty sure that logo can be seen elsewhere, but truth is .. who really cares? its not like somebody is gonna screw you just because you use some unoriginal logo for a real shop front
    x0fff8:

Here's a short lesson on Marketings for you. Consider it the tip for your future business if you decide to do some: Why people buy a McDonalds store under the name "McDonalds"? Becuase the profits are larger than if I opened a store and called it "My Burgers".

If I make a new car... would it sell better if I put Mercedes logo on it?
    Would it sell even better if I put Ferrary or Lamburginy logo on it?
    This is called Trade Mark or Brand

Now about who cares about what.... it's transparent you don't really need a store logo, but if you did: I'd suggest checking on the name and the logo, including the font (A font is a font, but when it's inside a logo it becomes part of the logo). Since if you did open a store I don't think you'd like a law sue on your back. Try putting "Microsoft" on your products and see what happens to you (or your parents if that's the case).

Enought said.

Please do not elaborate on the subject. Copyrights and Trade Marks are case sensitive. Period.
    Last edited by Availor; 01 October 2006 at 08:56 AM.

yeah, chill guys, i went to bug my friend of the origin of the logo, where and how he got the idea from. because i notice his shop logo's colour, design, size is just about atomflim's logo. after much bugging, he finally told me he got his idea from atom flim. Zz, is there anything i can do about it to make it legal? cus i dont wanna do anything illegal

yeah, chill guys, i went to bug my friend of the origin of the logo, where and how he got the idea from. because i notice his shop logo's colour, design, size is just about atomflim's logo. after much bugging, he finally told me he got his idea from atom flim. Zz, is there anything i can do about it to make it legal? cus i dont wanna do anything illegal
    Yes. Change the design so that it is not recognisable as the Atom Films logo. Use your imaginiation and come up with something original, not a copy of what somebody else did. That works for me anyway.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

you see guys, im not the designer of the logo, the logo is not made by me, it was sent to me as a png format from my friend and tht he wants to animate it, i have zero clue on where he got it from till you guys told me about atom flims. geez, didnt know my friend rips lol. i'll tell him to change it, thanks.