Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Corel Draw v13 Transparency

I have just built a logo for a web page but cannot make the background transparent when converting to GIF can anyone help, Thanks.
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw v13 Transparency

If converting to a .gif, make your background a color not found in your graphic, then upon export, the dialogue boxes give you an option to select a color to make transparent. That should do it.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP

Unhappy Re: Corel Draw v13 Transparency

Thanks for the help Sally,
    tried as you suggested and made background black, only way of making sure there would be a colour match. On export cannot identify colour by eye. Exported image still managed to retain white background for some reason. There is a transparency option on export but is disabled (Must be way to enable option). I have acheived this effect before but was so long ago cannot remember application.
    Dean.
    IP

Talking Re: Corel Draw v13 Transparency

Sally again thanks for the advice.
    Just got it to work, it is exactly as you said. It didn't work when I last posted because when I selected black as background and export the two blacks were slightly different. The solution is to use the dropper tool in export to select the relevant transparency colour from the before export preview window.
    Dean.
    IP

Default Re: Corel Draw v13 Transparency

Good, I knew once you had the concept you'd get it, unless I am doing the same at the time, I forget a step or two on the way.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode
    IP