Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Diff Between Xara Xtreme and X1???

I have been all over the web site and can't seem to find what the difference between Xara Xtreme and Xara X1 is. Can anyone help me? I'm asking because of a special offer I received and I'm thinking it's time to jump in and buy!
    Thanks!

Default Re: Diff Between Xara Xtreme and X1???

Hello,

Xtreme is the latest version of the program. In X¹ Pantone colour support is included and it is not in Xtreme. Xtreme offers some included plug-ins and better support for the .8bf (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro compatable) plug-ins.

There are a few other differences, but those appear to be the two that have been discussed most often on the forums.

I have Xara X, X¹, and Xtreme installed on my computer so I can use any of the features of all 3.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi

Xtreme is essentially X2. X1 still works and has one or two things in it that disappeared with Xtreme eg Pantone colours, but there have been hints and rumours that a 'Pro' version of Xtreme may appear soon which will benefit from the work on the Linux version and also allowing those people who need Pantone to pay the extra needed for the licence.

These are just my inferences - no inside knowledge!

I would just go and get Xtreme; it won't break most people's bank accounts.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Thank you both for such quick answers! Actually, the program that I've thought most about getting for some time is Xara 3D. However, when I really needed it, when I first set up my web store, I was on a tight budget that was already maxed from other expenses I had. I lloved the demo of 3D and it would have been helpful in designing parts of my website.

So, my next question is, how hard is it to create in X1 the same effects that 3D does on fonts and shapes? I have CorelDraw and, though I can do it, it is a real pain. It's not a terribly important question, since I've already decided to get 3D for a Christmas present this year, from me to my business.

The 3D effects can be done using X¹, although it isn't very easy compared to Xara3D. Xara Xtreme and Xara3D6 can be used together to excellent advantage. Shapes in Xtreme can be copied and pasted to Xara3D6. The 3D objects in Xara3D6 can be copied and pasted as transparent .png into Xtreme.

I have been trying CorelDraw X3 lately and find their Extrude tool is very difficult to use to achieve what is done automatically within Xara3D6.
    Last edited by Soquili; 24 September 2006 at 08:17 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Hello,

Xtreme is the latest version of the program. In X¹ Pantone colour support is included and it is not in Xtreme. Xtreme offers some included plug-ins and better support for the .8bf (Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro compatable) plug-ins.

There are a few other differences, but those appear to be the two that have been discussed most often on the forums.

I have Xara X, X¹, and Xtreme installed on my computer so I can use any of the features of all 3.
    I was wondering about this offer as well.

Since I already own Xara Xtreme and 3D, is there any other advantages to owning X1 at this point?

Do you find yourself using Xtreme or X1 more?

Thanks Bill.

Doug

Hi Doug,

I don't think you can buy X¹ unless you find it on eBay or some similar web site.

I use Xtreme more often but if I used print services the Pantone and CMYK support in X¹ would be beneficial.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Hi Doug,

I don't think you can buy X¹ unless you find it on eBay or some similar web site.

I use Xtreme more often but if I used print services the Pantone and CMYK support in X¹ would be beneficial.
    Actually the Xara Outsider just came out with an offer to buy X1 for $19 to "expand their user base". Although, at that price, it might not include the Pantone color support.

My $0.02

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

Thanks for the info Eric. I had not checked my personal email today. Very informative Xara Outsider this month. The portrait's are great. I don't recall seeing any of Eugene Spearance's work before.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hi Doug,

OK, that's a good reason to get it. At $19, it can sit on the shelf till needed.

Thanks, Bill