Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default having pictures get their own layers

Sometimes I try to make collages and other amalgum of disparate photos and some ornamentational clipart, etc. A lot of times I understand that having multiple layers is a good thing. Yet when I copy+paste or use windows explorer to drag a new photo onto my work, it always goes gets added to the same layer. Is there some sort of key I can press so that a dropped picture will make it's own layer when I let go the mouse? I know in photoshop, otentimes new items dragged onto the composition automatically get their own layers.

Thanks.

Default Re: having pictures get their own layers

I don't know of any way to have a dropped image make it's own layer. Any image dropped is placed on the currently active layer. You can create a new layer and then drop the image.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Yeah.... OK. My next question was an extension of the first: You have 10-20 photos you need inside of a collage or artwork, and you want to import them in one step, but you want each on its own layer....

I guess the answer's no...

Thanks anyway. Having great fun reading about the product's capabilities here.

I don't believe you can import a group of images and have each go onto a new layer. You will have to cut and paste each image to a new layer which you can create and name in the Layer Gallery (keyboard shortcut F10).

To work on any layer, the layer's title bar needs to be selected.

See Workbook 22 for more information on the Layer Gallery.

Gary