Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Website redesign - www.sunhome.biz question?

Q: As an Xara owner how do I measure luminosity within Xara Xtreme?

We hired a very talented webdesigner, Ben Hunt of ScratchMedia, to redesign our website at http://www.sunhome.biz.

He did an excellent job at evaluating our site and our audience and created a great site for us. In an article he wrote about our website, http://www.webdesignfromscratch.com/...ns-sunhome.cfm, he mentions contrast and measures it with luminosity. I would like to measure contrasts within XARA Xtreme. Is this possible?

Default Re: Website redesign - www.sunhome.biz question?

I would say, this webdesigner does a good job, but "excellent" is a little bit to enthusiastic.
    1. The fonts are a little bit to large.
    2. The list with your Ambassador Mobile Homes uses too much bold font, therefore your choosen Web 2.0 Style isn't used consistently.
    3. The color of your box "Tour the parks" and the grey color within the tables doesn't look harmonically with the rest of the nice colors (for example the colors in the head of your page).

Regards,
    Remi

Remi, thanks for the notes. The webdesigner only designed 2 pages and then gave me two misc items a table example and the reservation form.

1. We deal mainly 90% with seniors, so we compensate by using large fonts to make the site more accessible to them.

2. The list of homes for sales do abuse the tables the designer gave me. I would like to adhere to the idea, "tables are only meant for tabular data". I plan to fix this aspect of the website in my next round of changes.

3. Interesting note about the colors. Any suggestions?

Thanks, James

I don't mind the larger font, but I wonder if you could make the bottom of the table rounded to match the top?

For some reason that just annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    I would say, this webdesigner does a good job, but "excellent" is a little bit to enthusiastic.
    Well, what do I know, but I disagree. I think that while there are a very few nitpicks, the designer has addressed the brief perfectly and I'd certainly say "excellent".

I'm really taken aback that anyone would take the trouble to disagree, even given what you've had to say about it (and I don't think there's a problem with colours).

Anyway, we can have different opinions, but I felt the designer was being paid an injustice by only receiving criticism for what is certainly a job well done.

Paul

gidgit - A software download tool excellent - thank you, for answering my question

pauland - The before and after of the website redesign has been dramatic to us (the client), that we feel justified is claiming, "an excellent redesign". Obviously most things can be done better, but for us we are happy with it.

ShandaLear - funny it now annoys me to :-)

Thanks everyone - James
    Last edited by jamesgross; 14 September 2006 at 05:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgross View Post
    pauland - The before and after of the website redesign has been dramatic to us (the client), that we feel justified is claiming, "an excellent redesign". Obviously most things can be done better, but for us we are happy with it.
    James - I'm not sure if you've confused me with remi - I agree with you!

Paul

pauland - In support of your post, I was writing to affirm that we are happy with the site redesign, even if others (Remi) don't share our enthusiasm. Sorry to have confused you.

My original question was determining Luminosity inside Xara and gidget gave a great link for a software program, which I will have to try.

Thanks again, James