Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A Small question about Image Subtraction

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    Xara's forte is vector graphics. For what you are trying to do, a pixel graphic program is probably what you are looking for. As you used the word 'mask', you probably have experience with something that will do the trick.

Use the best program for the trick needed. In this case, I would use another program, and import the results back into Xara. If you already have lots of vectors above your bitmap, I would take the time to recreate that bitmap, or use the techniques Intbel suggested, as you will have a much more flexible file in the end, with which you can do many more things.

Best wishes,
    David
    Yeah, thats a great kind of an idea. Will give that a shot. It is only that I couldn't take my hands off of Xara

You could use the plug-in Medhi's Eraser Classic that comes with Xara X
    Oh thanks.. Never used that. But looks promising.

White+ 0.0 transparency.
    Will try that. I think the color has been removed considerably. Thank you for the technique.

Quote Originally Posted by purifier View Post
    Yeah, thats a great kind of an idea. Will give that a shot. It is only that I couldn't take my hands off of Xara
    I can't blame you. I don't like using other graphics programs that much, either, anymore. Xara has spoiled me, too!

Best wishes,
    David

Hi Purifier,
    I tried your image with black background and yellow squares and added another square over the top and filled it with white them using transparency of 1% or there abouts changed the transparency type to Luminosity and the black became white but the yellow squares are still there.....
    If you are trying to cut out another colour other than black, then you would have to use its opposite colour to cut it out... a bit of experimentation is in order I think.......

Cheers
    Terry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	luminosity.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	29663  

Mike's tip is very neat. Changing the colour of the rear Luminosity shape from white can also help - revealing different colours.
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Yes thats working...but i guess i'll have to calculate the opposite color before attempting that...

Quote Originally Posted by purifier View Post
    Yes thats working...but i guess i'll have to calculate the opposite color before attempting that...
    Here is a small javascript program that calculates contrasting and complementary colours (cmp). Change file extension to htm before you open it.
    Tony
    Attached Files Attached Files