Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Psp Xi

Default Psp Xi

Corel have just emailed me that "11" is out at a higher upgrade than Jasc used to charge (£60 in email, more on website)
    Jon
    IP

Default Re: Psp Xi

Yes, and a lot more "cute" stuff.

All I really wanted was for it to handle 16 bit plugins and workflow but that does not appear where they are going.
    IP

I just received my PSP XI, but will not have time to try it out until late next week. I have been using PSP since v. 3, and have to admit that I was very disappointed when the company sold out to Corel. Once I try out the new version, I'll post some comments on it. In all, I have not been terribly impressed with the new "features" recently. Particularly, the ease of creating and flood-filling with seamless tiles was far easier with v. 7 than it is today!
    IP

does anyone know how to get text plugin's for PSP XI? i just want fancy text. LOL
    IP

Default Fancy Text -

What kind of fancy text do you have in mind? PSP lets you load in any TrueType font, and you can do wonderful things with them. I have used a lot of dingbat type fonts to generate really nice web ornaments. One of them is attached, from a font called Sun Dings, manipulated in PSP and Super Blade Pro.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SunDings2-LA-4.jpg 
Views:	2046 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	30184  
    IP

i just want to be able to add pretty text to my photos and things. but all the fonts i have r very dull.
    IP

Default Re: Psp Xi - Fancy Fonts

If you do a Google search on "free fonts" you will come up with a variety of sources for all sorts of fancy fonts. I find that PSP (even in older legacy versions) handles TrueType fonts very well, and will let you do wonderful things with them, including bevel, drop shadow, fill, etc.

One of the good ones is:

http://www.1001freefonts.com/

There are also some really great commercial font studios producing incredible fonts. My absolute favorite is The Scriptorium, at:

http://www.fontcraft.com/csa/fontcraft.php

When you consider the vast range of free fonts available, thse from Dave Nalle at Fontcraft are so outstanding that I cheerfully buy many of them. They even have a membership club that you can join and get a special free font each month.

I am a total font junkie (I have nearly 20,000 in my personal collection.)
    IP

thanks! once i get a font, how do i use it with psp? i am pretty clueless here. LOL

and can u help me with firey text?
    IP

Thumbs down Psp XI

I am a longtime fan of PSP and have upgraded through many versions since PSP's early days as JASC shareware. This new "version" from Corel was not ready for prime time, and I along with a lot of other PSP users are a bit miffed about it. Corel apparently released it with little beta testing, and there are many bugs. If you install it, be sure to keep your previous version of PSP on your computer.

Note the new name is Corel Paint Shop Pro XI Photo. I'm guessing the Photo was added because Corel appears to have killed Photo Paint since acquiring PSP from JASC.

Corel PSP X finally became usable after the release of the 10.03 patch, even though they never fixed all of the bugs. Expect several patches with this one.
    IP

Maranwe...

There are several fonts which are designed to look like fire. Just use "flame font" as the search item on Google and you will find several. On dafont.com there is one particularly attractive one called "Dark Flame." I downloaded it but didn't install it yet. As luck would have it, I don't have any flame fonts installed on this computer. Attached, though, is an example you might like.

It is a font called Tribal 2, and I put it on a black background, then used the Cherry Glow preset from Super Blade Pro (in my opinion, the best thing going for PSP. It is a plug-in available from FlamingPear.com.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fancy Fonts-1.jpg 
Views:	1784 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	30485  
    IP