Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Editing of imported sliced images into Xtreme

Can anyone help concering the editing of sliced images embedded in a graphics file?

I would like to modify a template for the Joomla web-based content managment system. The template is supplied with a png image, which contains an image of the template.

Once this image is imported into Fireworks and the "show sliced images" option selected, each sliced graphic element can seen, edited as required and then exported. This is an easy way to change and customise the template.

Can this be done in Xara Xtreme? When I import the png into Xara all I see is the image. I cannot find a way in Xtreme to "see and edit" the embedded sliced images.

I am relatively new to this so I may be missing something obivious.

Any information welcome.

Ted

Smile Re: Editing of imported sliced images into Xtreme

Hello Ted and welcome to the Xtreme Conference.

You are not missing anything obvious.

There are two kinds of PNG files (confusing for sure). The most common is a bitmap image, like a JPEG or BMP or GIF or TIFF. The other is Firework's propitiatory format which is a vector file format. Unfortunately, only Fireworks can create and read that flavor of PNG file.

Someone in this forum who uses Fireworks may be able to take your Fireworks PNG file and convert it into a format that you can use in Xtreme.

Gary

Default Re: Editing of imported sliced images into Xtreme

Hi and thanks for the reply.

It is something along the lines that I thought... I currently have a 30 day trial of Fireworks to do what I need, but as I already have Xtreme it seems rather an expensive buy.

Ted

Default Re: Editing of imported sliced images into Xtreme

The two programs are similar in what they can do but they work in very different ways. I have used both and prefer Xtreme. But then I would, wouldn't I

Gary