Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question double page size spread

Hey Gary and Everyone,
    I was wondering if anyone had a fix for this,
    my problem is, I want to design graphics that are 132 inches long x 40 inches wide,

my problem is, seeing the whole drawing at once, zooming out to 10%
    doesn't give me what I am looking for,
    I have tried the double page spread in page options,
    and typed in 52.0 x 40, which gave me a little over 104 inches total length,
    however I have to group everything and slide it over to view the rest,

I'm thinking someone has been faced with this problem
    and they have a solution for me,
    I can export out, and import into corel draw
    but this seems unnecessary
    if you can help.

please post
    thanks
    jnerf

Default Re: double page size spread

Jnerf,

The best way to achieve this is by using "Scaling". I attach a xar file set up for A4 Landscape but it has a scaling option (Utilities / Options / Scaling) set to 1 inch in the drawing equals 20 inches in the real world. You can now work at a reasonable view size to complete the image and then export it at the required size, provided it's all vector. If you use bitmaps remember to set them at very high resolutions because you're going to scale them up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

One thing Im finding interesting is that a lot of one would be used to as preferences in Paint Shop Pro, or Photoshop, appear to be document-specific and saved in the file. I cant recall what the others were, but the scale item in one it appears here. Takes come getting used to, like resetting these things on a new document, etc. But I assume it's powerful, as you can set up templates with in-built specs (settings), ready to go.

I think another is a color palatte, no?-- that you can save right into a file, as opposed to it being "in the program"... I remember one post where one of you guys offered a pastel set then a more desaturated set of color for a file's color pallette. I have to figure out how all this works.

Yes, you can save any number of features including palettes, brushes, default zoom, page size, etc etc etc into any number of different templates, one of which you can set as the default File > Open template. Then there's the default File > New Animation template etc etc etc. Xara's not just a pretty face
    Last edited by Big Frank; 16 April 2009 at 12:23 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.