Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Well the movies help is a separate CHM file. So if it fixes it for the main help, that's great as I've solved the problem. Woo. And admittedly it didn't take me that long!

Why it happens... well I can only assume that HTML help editors act like debuggers, and they know something is up.

I'll introduce two new CHM files into the next build of X1, so that'll all be fixed then.

Thanks everyone.
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.

Hi guys,

You've installed the xara.chm, and that seems to be fine for you. I've updated the movies help file too, and this is now live on the update system.

So if you go into Xara X, select 'help' then 'update' it should download a new movies file (it's the first thing to download, so you can then stop the downloads if you don't want to download lots of movies).

Then you should be error free, let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Anthony:

The Xara update is still trying to force movies on me. (I'm waiting until I get the CD to use the movies.)

Is there a way to post a link to the two new CHM files on this forum so I can correct the Help problem on my system?

Thanks.

Chuck

I'll post the other help file when I'm at work tomorrow.

But you should be able to get the new movies.chm. Just press update, it'll download the new movies.chm then it'll move on to the movies themselves. At this point, just press stop -- but it will keep the movies.chm you've already downloaded.