Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: need help soon!

Default need help soon!

am using photoshop cs with a pc and i'm having problems pasting pictures from my pictures. I'm having no problems when pasting web based images but as soon as i try and copy and paste from my own photographic images from my pictures nothing happens. It maybe that I just have to change something in the setup or something even more obvious but right now it's doing my head in so if anyone could help me out it would be really appreciated
    IP

Default Re: need help soon!

Yes, this Is one thing Adobe changed out of there older versions to lessen the use of RAM on your computer.
    What should work Is creating a new doc. Find out the dimensions of the Image your trying to past and creat a new one In PS(photoshop) and go to Edit-Paste
    If that dosent work let me know Ill try and find another way for ya.
    =D
    IP

yeah cream listener I tried doing what you said with regards to taking the dimensions of the image that I want to paste in and made the canvas that size but still when I try to copy and paste there is no option to paste
    IP

Used the laso tool to grab the pic while Its In photoshop then cop, then paste Is onto the doc?
    Other than that Im nto exactly sure...
    Maybe your RAM or Cashe Is full and cant hold a copy?
    Try cleaning off your comp?
    Download CrapCleaner (program) works great.
    If ya still cant get It, pm me Ill try my best to find a solution.
    IP

might be the color mode incompatibility.

On your source image, go to image > mode and see what mode it's in. Sometimes you can't copy / paste or move stuff from RGB images vs. Index color. Perhaps you are trying to paste an RGB image into a web gif file. You can change the mode to RGB perhaps and see if your pasting works.
    IP