Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Transparent background?

I'm trying to paste one image into another and have them blend seemlessly together. I've tried to make the background transparent but it never seems to work for me. I've also tried selecting just the part I want with the magic wand (assuming it actually selects what I want, which is rare) and then trying to paste just that into the new image. No go.

I have a dog image and a dog house image. The dog needs to seem like he's in the doghouse, but the darn white background keep getting in the way.

What am I doing wrong?
    IP

Default Re: Transparent background?

You can promote a selection to a layer, and turn off the layer that you made the selection. The selection would be on a transparent background.

You could create a new image with a transparent background. Then paste your selections from other images into the new image as new layers.

Rich
    IP

Get the pic of the dog up, zoom in real close to the dog, grab your background eraser and get rid of It, once u learn how to use It Its a charm, magic wand Is ok If u have somthing easy for it to grab, but It still sucks.
    If u have Photoshop u can use magnatic lasso, which works a bit better.
    try the eraser though.
    IP

I use Jasc PSP but the above suggestion works if you have a lot of murky layers. I use the background eraser after merging to one layer and voiding the color on the palette. Then I zoom in 5 times and clean it up.

I make my tubes that way.
    IP