Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Intbel flower

Default Re: some flowers

Keeping things on topic .. another flower ... admittedly not a good example.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Flower04.png 
Views:	185 
Size:	87.8 KB 
ID:	29246  

Default Re: some flowers

intbel, i think both your flowers are great!

Default Re: Intbel flower

Thead "hijack" split here.

Risto

Quote Originally Posted by Risto Klint View Post
    Thead "hijack" split here.
    Risto
    Huh? Who hijacked it? Keeping on topic here boss ... flowers, right?
    Or have I missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    "Hijacking" is when you post in other people's threads to the point where it diverts from the original point of the thread. In this case - the purpose of Dereks's thread was to show and discuss his new technique and image. Looking at your posts... there are no Derek technique references here - nor anything to do with this technique. That's called hijacking...

This is your very own Inbel flower thread.

If you have any more questions - please free to PM me or any other moderator or administrator. This is the Xara Gallery - it's for Xara imagery (and discussing such) - not chitchat.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 31 August 2006 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel View Post
    I agree fully with you Intbel.

Risto says in his explanation about it:-
    "Hijacking" is when you post in other people's threads to the point where it diverts from the original point of the thread"

This is a thread in it's own right. All that may be questionable would be the title.

And FWIW I like your drawings

I think there may be some confusion about the various forums.
    Traditionally the Gallery forums (Xara Gallery and Graphics Gallery) are used to display one's own image for comments and/or criticism or to present a new techique. Those threads are not normally for someone to post their own interpretation of the image or subject. If you are inspired by the person's art, starting a new thread with a link to the original is customary.
    To add your own image to a Gallery thread is considered "Hijacking". Unless the thread starter has requested an example to display how an improvement to the techique is accomplished.
    The exception to the traditional 'Gallery' threads are the 'Stop and Post' threads where everyone is invited to share their current project or work in progress.

Using the default view of talkgraphic's main page, the various forums are distinct as well as the different catagory of forums.
    Some people use the "New Post" view and they may not notice which forum a post is in when they reply. The forum name is in the right most column of the 'new post' view.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by toffeeman View Post
    This is a thread in it's own right.
    Thank you. I thought so also, which is why I made it that way with the split when "creating" this thread.

Let's stick to the the topic it hand, shall we? Inbel and I took it to PMs hours ago - the misunderstanding is all sorted out.

As Soquili pointed out about the "default" and "new post" view: anyone using the "new post" view - it would be worthwhile to see in which forum the thread is in before posting.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 01 September 2006 at 12:54 AM.

Thanks Soquili - between you and a pm from Risto I have it figured so no more probs from me.

Apologies to anyone whose thread I may have inadvertantly hijacked - no harm intended.

(I bin used to forums in which every new thread has as its topic the image posted and everyone chimes in and edits it or posts their interpretation. That this is not so on TG hadn't got thru' to the inner workings of my pixelated brain cells.)

Thank you Toffee Person - I know my stuff ain't all that good YET but 'tis nice to recive a compliment now and then. Dunno if 'tis wise to encourage me though >grin<

I like the flowers very much... keep up the good work