Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Is this what im looking for?

Did you read the bottom of my post?
    IP

Indeed i did, but whats the point with all the top bit?
    IP

Gary made the comment that modesty was not one of your virtues, and he made it in somewhat of a good-natured jest. He also stated the fact that you will improve, and that someday you will look back and think this was early art, and know how much you have improved. (At that stage, you may not think that the piece you posted is the greatest art since sliced bread came into existence.)

He was also hinting that your attitude will change, and you will realize that even though you have created great things, there are always people greater than you out there, and you will be a little more humble and more modest due to that realization. (Some of the people that post in this forum could probably create the equivalent to your drawing in about five minutes, even from a scratch idea in their brain.)

You took his comments in a negative light, as you seem to be very touchy, and apparently need lots of positive feedback. I was trying to point out to you exactly how touchy you are, so you are more aware of it in the future.

But maybe I'm wrong to do so. I do hope you stick around and contribute, even if you fly off the handle, and think I'm a loser. You have the makings of a great artist, and I look forward to watching you mature.

I believe you will find Xara to be a great program. It is one of the most cost-effective drawing tools I have ever came across, and I give thanks for it daily. (It is not 'cheap'. I had 'cheap' things in my lifetime, and they always disgusted me as they broke down, and I had to fix them or throw them away. Xara has never disgusted me.)

Best wishes,
    David

(And *please* learn how to use the quotation system! Your posts are painful to read due to that problem.)
    IP

Ok thanks, i aren't looking for compliments, but i also arent looking for those kinds of posts mate, it just bothered me the way he quoted on a sentance, and missed halve of the most important area that basicly..'explains it' out. i am aware that i have much to learn, and of course theres better artists out there, but all i said was, im told i am talanted, and want to share my work with you, i pointed out that i am NOT boasting i repeat NOT, so therefore, in no manner was i boasting ((I AM VERY TALANTED AND HAVE A GOOD SENSE OF COLOUR, <-- that is boasing, and gwpriest quoted those words missing out (( without boasting)) see where i am coming from now? it makes me out to look like i am a bad boaster wanting to shove my work on a forum for a few compliments, very wrong., i just wanted to show u a peace of quick work i had made. i will post more work hopefully what i have created out of xara, but i wont go complimenting myself (( boosing my personal morale )) if thats how i should put it, because i will get called some kind of boaster, but thanks, i found your last post more mature, the first post seemed like the kind of post that would start of a flame war....and u had applied way to much sarcasm..was no need
    IP

A piece of advice: don't even mention the word 'boast' in your posts. Just say "Here's a piece I'm working on that I'm proud of. Any comments?" (Or something along that nature.) Let the work be the boast. And those types of posts really do not belong here - they belong in The Xara Gallery. This forum is for questions regarding Xara and its use.

Including the words "...I'm VERY talented..." will also open you up to subtle (and not so subtle) jabs of humor from the members. Just learn to take it in a sense of fun, and realize that the great people in here are doing it out of a sense of fun, and they really ARE trying to teach you something. I challenge you to 'Find all posts' by Gary Priester, read through a hundred of them, and come to the conclusion that Gary meant you any ill will.

Best wishes,
    David
    Last edited by David O'Neil; 01 September 2006 at 03:54 AM.
    IP

Ok i just thought the * im not boasting thing * would of fixed the im very talanted side of things, i mean its still understandable isnt it?
    IP

Ok, let's settle down...

Lukey120292... Read again what David O'Neil wrote...

Gary doesn't "put-down" people....

Then again, read David O'Neil's posts...

Gary was complimenting you...

Lukey120292,

It's great having you aboard, and I'm 100% sure you will find Talkgraphics a great place to be. Search for Steven Newport on Talkgraphics... He was 14 when he started posting here too... TG is about sharing and learning.

You might just learn more than a few things from young Mr. Newport - have a look.

Gary also creates this for all of us: http://www.xaraxone.com Someone that does that is not in the "business" of "putting anyone down".

This thread is turning in to a flame fest (or at best non-Xara related) - I'm closing this thread.

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 01 September 2006 at 04:03 AM.
    IP

Ok... I type slowly...

Two more posts were made...

Again - all what David was saying...

Time to move on to more productive things.

Closed.

/////////////// Edited - that would be Steve Newport - not Steven - I'm sure Steve would forgive for that tiny little typo.

You can find some of his work here:

http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/sn2/index.htm
    http://www.xaraxone.com/FeaturedArt/sn/index.htm ///////////////

Risto
    Last edited by RTK; 01 September 2006 at 05:46 AM.
    IP