Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is this what im looking for?

Hello,

So first, im new to the forums, so hello everybody

I Want to ask a couple of questions please.
    Im very much into the world of digital arts, And i love super heroes very much, i play an online game named 'City of heroes' and looking to produce some work based on the superhero i have created, and hopefully some comics, so. I wanted to create something with nice bold! upto date looking juicy flat looking colours, and something thats easy to draw with, and well...ink on your computer, Photoshop popped into mind, so i checked it out, and figured it would be around £150 at max, but no, its something like £500.
    i also spot osme tablets, and they look very easy to draw with, (( espesh onto a computer )) So i send my dad to go onto the internet and find me some good programs with good deals, and he tells me about xara, i check out the site, the demo's the costs, it all looks Perfect, and i am yet to buy it. So here are the questions.

-Is xara EXTREME compatible with most tablets?

-And is xara EXTREME what im looking for, to produce easy, fast, bright coloured images * FROM SCRATCH*combined with my tablet.

Thanks,
    IP

Default Re: Is this what im looking for?

Welcome Lukey,

-Is xara EXTREME compatible with most tablets?
    It's definetly compatible with Wacom tablets. Wacom is the leader in graphic tablets.

And is xara EXTREME what im looking for, to produce easy, fast, bright coloured images * FROM SCRATCH*combined with my tablet
    In the right hands XaraXtreme can produce fantastic images, cartoon/comic or otherewise. Easy and Fast on the other hand is totally dependant on your own skill levels at digital graphics. If you're already good at it you'll find Xtreme the fastest, most intuitive software on the market. If you're a novice then Xtremes intuitive interface is the simplest one to learn new skill's on.

One of our members, Bob Hahn is an extremely accomplished cartoonist. CLICK HERE to visit his web site.

Tell your Dad to put his hand in pocket and purchase Xtreme right away!
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 30 August 2006 at 10:29 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Well, i dont knowhow toput this without sounding like a complete boaster, but im 14years of age and VERY talanted and can handle colours very well, so i got a goodkick start, my dads a good artist, with colours so i have some help there also. Ive put a attackment to a drawing that took me about 15minutes, its very comic book like, and its out of my head completely. thisis the kinda thing i wanna do on a computer, with a tablet, and then colour it etc. Sorry if its a bit big, its blurry aswell my scannerjust broke, move away from the image and look at it from a distance, it looks better then and and thanks for the reply

EDIT by EGG Lukey, I've reduced your image size. We need to remember a lot of members are still stuck with dial up connections and perhaps only run at 800 x 600 pix resolution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	29239  
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 30 August 2006 at 10:47 PM.
    IP

Lukey,

There's no doubt you have the skill with a pencil (wish I did!). Wether drawing with a tablet is similar or not is difficult to say. Firstly your drawing on a fixed tablet (ie it isn't easy to rotate around as most people do with a sketch pad) and secondly and more important is you sketch on the pad but your drawings being produced remotely on screen. That said I love my graphics tablet.

Another method is to scan in your hand drawn images (on white paper) into Xtreme and apply a stained glass transparency. You can then colour underneath the scan and it is totaly visible.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP

Hi Lukey,

Drawing with Xara Xtreme or any computer program is different than drawing with pencil or pen. Your skill with those tools will help you to learn, but be prepared to learn new ways if you decide to use a tablet and a computer.

I drew one of my childhood comic heros a few years ago using Xara X. I don't know if the character is still in comic books today or not. He was called the Phantom.

The drawing and the wireframe view are attached. I used a mouse instead of a drawing tablet.

I think you will enjoy using Xara Xtreme.

Name:	phantom.jpg 
Views:	326 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	29240  
    Last edited by Soquili; 31 August 2006 at 02:18 AM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Bill, that's great!!!! Why would you stop drawing comics when you are so great at it???!!!
    Welcome to TalkGraphics, Lukey. Your sketch is most excellent! I too have used other drawing prgs but as soon as I found XaraXtreme I never looked back. This program is simply amazing - and we all learn more everyday - especially here in this forum!
    IP

Thanks Bob. Never enough time to draw anymore. Have to earn a living and wide area network administrators are always on call when you have several locations across the country.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Smile Re: Is this what im looking for?

...but im 14years of age and VERY talanted and can handle colours very well....
    Modesty is obviously not one of your virtues. :-)

Yes you draw very well, but in time you will look back upon these drawings and realize how much you have improved since they were done. And with that recognition may come humility.

Gary
    IP

Lukey,

Here is a quick example of your sketch, done in Xara Xtreme.

Name:	lukey-xar.gif 
Views:	305 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	29254   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lukey-wire.gif 
Views:	283 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	29257  

Last edited by Soquili; 31 August 2006 at 04:54 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Lukey,
    I am not a skilled artist, but Xara Xtreme has made it possible for me to do artwork I never would have been able to do otherwise. I strongly recommend Xara to you! As for the tablet I can't say as I've never used one.

Here's an example of a project I'm currently working on.

Welcome to TalkGraphics!
    ron

Name:	66karmanghia.jpg 
Views:	299 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	29255   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	outline.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	83.4 KB 
ID:	29256  

Last edited by Ron Duke; 31 August 2006 at 04:45 PM.
    IP