Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Is this what im looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by knightedduke View Post
    I am not a skilled artist...
    Say what???

That illustration showed an EXTREME amount of skill, even if it was copied from a pic. An artist is someone who knows what to do to achieve the effect they are after, and I don't believe I have seen many pics that achieve that better than your 'example'.

Best wishes, oh talented one,
    David
    IP

knightedduke - you are one of the most skilled artists in this forum

i love your work!!!
    IP

Drawing with a tablet is very different from drawing with a pen or pencil, and drawing using Xara or similar is different again but if you get on with those differences you will be enjoying and producing your art fairly rapidly. You might find it easier to just use Xara without the tablet until you get used to the tools at hand.
    Derek
    IP

Talking Re: Is this what im looking for?

I have xara for a looong time (about 6 years). My dad bought it and used to some really simple graph. A year ago or so I started to play with xara and webdesign. Few months ago I found a vector art tutorial for photoshop of Mellisa Clifton (http://www.melissaclifton.com/) and the idea of makeing a vector in xara nested in my mind becouse I was sure that xara can do the same or even better .
    For now I'm still impoving, starting new projects in vector art and playing with it .
    Xara is really cheap, simple and feasy solution in vector graph .

Check out this cat I maid from a skech of my friend
    74 objects
    about 3 hours of work (not in stress, I was enjoying this art).

Read topics on this forum, look for Eggs video tutorials and normal tutorials to lern how to use xara in a effective way!

The xar file can be opened with the trial version of Xara ond full-function edited feel free to play with it. One hint: shapes are on layes so find in the top bar a button titled "layers", click it and play with the visibility of the layers .

Check my art on deviantart http://zamber.deviantart.com/ most of it is maid with xara .

Hope you'll join us soon .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cat.gif 
Views:	212 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	29258  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Drawing with a tablet is very different from drawing with a pen or pencil, and drawing using Xara or similar is different again but if you get on with those differences you will be enjoying and producing your art fairly rapidly. You might find it easier to just use Xara without the tablet until you get used to the tools at hand.
    Derek
    I use xara with my mouse all the time but a vision of working with the pen tool on a tablet makes me really excited .
    Gotta get some cash and buy one .
    IP

hey young man,

my advice is:

do not use a computer - try to do it by hand.

you`re already pretty good and you`d waste your talent using computer drawing tools.

better keep studying without computer aid - you can learn a vector drawing package very fast later on in a few years.

just my opinion (40 years old having done grafix for 20 years now)

bb and good luck,

FLySOLO
    IP

I have a graphics pad made by Trust but I'm afraid I just use it as a super mouse mat I find it easier to draw with the mouse and Xtreme does help with it ability to automatically correct squint lines etc.
    Gary, what a put down the lad did say and I quote "Well, I don't know how to put this without sounding like a complete boaster " encouragement is the thing at this stage in his young life, he will get plenty putdowns later in life if his talent doesn't live up to his or the recipients of his art expectations. I wish I could draw as well as that freehand. By all means Lukey persuade your Dad to purchase Xtreme it will be one of the best buys ever. Welcome to the forum and good luck.

Norman
    IP

[QUOTE=gwpriester;170694]Modesty is obviously not one of your virtues. :-)

Yes you draw very well, but in time you will look back upon these drawings and realize how much you have improved since they were done. And with that recognition may come humility.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, i dont knowhow to put this without sounding like a complete boaster, but im 14years of age and VERY talanted and can handle colours very well
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ahem...well Gwpriest..maybe you should try reading my complete post before you go 'commenting in this manner' anyway...

First of all, a brill forum, andm any replies, thanks to the guy who coloured my sketch in, amazing :-) After reading your comments etc. i have just made mypurchase of xara xtreme of amazon, along with a tablet, thanks alot guys, think i will remain a member of these forums, for you havebeen very helpfull and understanding, and read my question clearely ..welll * looks at Gwpreist posts* most of you have.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Lukey120292 View Post
    Well, i dont knowhow toput this without sounding like a complete boaster, but im 14years of age and VERY talanted and can handle colours very well, so i got a goodkick start, my dads a good artist, with colours so i have some help there also. Ive put a attackment to a drawing that took me about 15minutes, its very comic book like, and its out of my head completely...
    You are so great! Your art is so great! I just can't get over how great that sketch is for having been done in ONLY 15 minutes! Wow! And you are only 14? I don't believe it!

Really! I am just so impressed! I am almost at a loss for words! ... I'm just so blown away! I have a new hero now! You have inspired me to new heights! Wow!

I bet you have a hard time keeping people from kissing the ground you walk on!--I know I want to! And you are only 14 years old! Wow! I can hardly wait to see what you do next!

*** Get the idea yet, or do I need to blow more smoke up your _**? I do wish you well in your artistic endeavors, though.

(ps - I wouldn't have posted this, except you completely misinterpreted Gary's comment to you. Maybe this will help you understand what he was trying to say better.)
    IP

[QUOTE=David O'Neil;170885]You are so great! Your art is so great! I just can't get over how great that sketch is for having been done in ONLY 15 minutes! Wow! And you are only 14? I don't believe it!

Really! I am just so impressed! I am almost at a loss for words! ... I'm just so blown away! I have a new hero now! You have inspired me to new heights! Wow!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------ok ...uhm...what the....{Censored}|?
    Ok mate a weee bit to far there, how old are you, 7?
    I dont wish to cause any type of beef in this post, answer my originl post and BE done with it, bloody hell, it just gets me mad the way he qoutes (*im 14 and a VERY goog artist, trying to make me look like i am a boaster, so therefore i corrected him, is that a problem? Sorry, but i do get compliments on my work, thats why i am confident enough to share it with you, and thats why i posted some of my work on a forum i am new to...next time i won't ok , because you only end up saying this ...pathetic, i thought i was the 14 year old who was suppose to be immature, go take your sarcastic little comments somewhere else please. i dont care what you think of me, my drawings, but theres no need for that post! Take a read at what the gentlemen who posted before me said, it basicly states completely where i am coming from.
    IP