Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

View Poll Results: Do you have your own website?

Voters
277. This poll is closed
  • Yes

236 85.20%
  • No

41 14.80%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: Do you have your own website?

I personally would LOVE to run a b&b like that.
    Thank you Bob, that is very kind, but I dont think you would, not after the first few months. Lot of work, very short season and no money but I do have one big concilation, I have a really, really great cliental, that and an old putt, putt for a computer.........frank
    .............frank
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull View Post
    Morning "H less" Antony

Got an very old site at around 8 years old, for the business http://www.harrops.com harrops.com and / or harrops.ca. I am spending about 90% of the time either on the forum or xaraxone like Bill. After 10 years on the net, the whole thing bores me pretty well, but I prefer simple, clean, tasteful sites that are fast loading and easy to navigate and informative.....that's why I'm there.....for information afterall.

Personally my site is basic html with lots of images (eat dead fish Intbel), but I am trying to sell our rooms and one image is worth a 1000 words so they say; but I have no problems with sites that use flash tastefully, such as in menus like Anus has, but the cute animation wore off years ago. My computer gets opened at 7:00 each morning and shuts down around 23:00 at night, but this is for email purposes, which I check 10 to 15 times a day, but without xara I would very rarely be on the next........now for my 15 year old daughter, that is another question and a totally different answer, which is why I had to get high speed basic and then upgrade again when she kept going over the bandwidth.....the little rat..........frank
    I'd never eat a live fish.

My only objection is to inappropriate, superfluous, spurious (look it up) images.

I like your site as it happens though it pains me to say so.
    IP

Well, I do believe I should thank you, I think? Since I usually ignore words over 4 and 5 letters, ½ of your remark went out with the dish water so to speak..........frank
    .............frank
    IP

I am assuming this thread/Poll was actually intended to promot webstyle4? as it appears in the news letter just above the promo.

I use webstyle4 and probably really should use it more as it works really well. the only thing i would like to see improved on it is the abilty to edit the text withinn webstyle. as it is now this is all done outside of webstyle4.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Razgo View Post
    I am assuming this thread/Poll was actually intended to promot webstyle4? as it appears in the news letter just above the promo.

I use webstyle4 and probably really should use it more as it works really well. the only thing i would like to see improved on it is the abilty to edit the text withinn webstyle. as it is now this is all done outside of webstyle4.
    You can certain talk about Webstyle, but this thread is just a general discussion for websites is general. We were in a website minded month!
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

well i would like to ask if there is any plans to upgrade webstyle4? its been a long time between drinks for this one. or an webstyle5?
    IP

I don't have my own web site although I've done a few for other people.

What do I dislike most? See pic...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lemme-in.gif 
Views:	458 
Size:	59.2 KB 
ID:	29248  
    -- Bob
    IP

Post Re: Do you have your own website?

Quote Originally Posted by Razgo View Post
    well i would like to ask if there is any plans to upgrade webstyle4? its been a long time between drinks for this one. or an webstyle5?
    Hi Razgo, maybe it's a better idea to post these questions in the Webstyle Forum? See---Other Xara Forums---Webstyle
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa
    IP

stratocast: amen to that!
    I'd start a revolution, if I could get up in the morning.
    IP

I do the website for my company and it was done in Webstyle 4. I love the ability to easily create new pages that have the same look and feel as all the other pages and I also love the photo album feature. Right now I am learning XaraX and working on revamping the entire site while incorporating X features.

Website stuff I like: clean, well laid out sites without a lot of clutter (I guess feng shui type).

Website stuff I hate: flash intros, music that blasts out as soon as you open the site, too small fonts, too dark pages.

My company is a small automotive restoration business in the Chicago area:

http://www.spectaculardetail.com
    IP