Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Site evaluation - www.prestigeauto.se

For a friend I have made the design of a homepage for his new business.
    The layout is made completely in Xara, exept for the photos which I prepared in Photoshop before importing to Xara. The bull in the logo was traced from the Lamborghini logo (which the entire logo is leaning very much up against :-). All buttoms, the gif animation, etc. is Xara work.

The entire layout got exported as slices and the HTML was all made by hand in Notepad.

Some people imagine that a real car is silver, so the site is kept in grey/silver shades.

Please comment as my eyes can't find more to change, but then again I have been working with the design for the full weekend, so I might be a little blind by now.

I'm considering rollover effects on the buttoms in the left side menu and maybe some crome on the top logo.

When the design is complete I will start to add functionality and hook up the backend database which will serve all the prestige cars for sale.
    Last edited by FrankSA; 28 August 2006 at 07:49 AM.
    Just for the fun of IT.

Thumbs up Re: Site evaluation - www.prestigeauto.se

Hi Frank, the design is fine and compact, but you definitely need to make the
    rollover buttons! I find it always an anticlimax when buttons don't change size or colour. You can create them in XaraXtreme but you can also try a template from Xara Webstyle. But I'm sure you already knew that...
    Marcia
    A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work unless it's open.
    Frank Zappa

Default Re: Site evaluation - www.prestigeauto.se

Hi Frank
    Your site is looking very professional.
    I assume that you have designed it on low resoloution (800x600) it is a bit of a mess on higher res. Professional/ Technical type sites always look better on high res.
    The flashing logos irritate me against the calm style page. Maybe if they faded in and out instead.
    Isn't this thread in the wrong place?

Anas

Rollover buttoms are now added. Buttoms made in Xara and the script to control the effect made by hand in Notepad.

The changing car logos will be changed to a DHTML picture fader which is much nicer and less stressing to look at. Also this gives an opportunity to link each picture to a search in the database for that particular made of car.

My friend wanted 800x600 presentation, and as the presentation does not require much text on each page, there will not be to much white space left on the pages. If the text takes up more space than the frame can show, a scrolling panel is automativcally added. This is a very nice feature for a table cell, and you still have controll of your design without designing with frames.

Thanks for feedback, though I still hope for more.
    Just for the fun of IT.

Nice classy design - doesn't display well with Firefox, though.
    -- Bob

I agree with Stratocast with his remark about firefox.
    Clean design, nice rolloevers but pictures too small, I would be saying here look at how pretty the Aston looks.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Elegant.

I would prefer the height of the buttons to be less. The buttons feel a little too big but the gray on gray is very handsome as is the site design.

Gary