Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default bizzarre progress bar idles

Working on the little stamp workbook 03
    figured step 9 would have to be livefx... i selected enhance..
    made sure that the bitmap was the new one i created,
    and theres an empty progress bar sitting there. Doing nothing.

Bizzarre.

Any ideas?

ROnC
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bizzarre.jpg 
Views:	547 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	23045  
    Last edited by rpc9943; 13 January 2006 at 04:19 AM.

Default Re: bizzarre progress bar idles

No, step 9 is not live effects - the workbook was written in 2002 - and Xara Extreme started shipping only a week or so ago in 2005...

2002 was also prior to the Xara Picture Editor introduced in Xara X1.

To accomplish the same thing using "Xara Picture Editor" (after you have created your bitmap).

Double-click the image to open XPE:

(1) The icon designated for colour - use it to remove the mentioned colour (make it gray scale)...

(2) The contrast (and brightness) sliders will also surprisingly adjust the mentioned things... The result will be the same.

Not sure about the "progress bar" - running X1 on the machine I'm sittting at.
    Last edited by RTK; 13 January 2006 at 05:39 AM.

well this issue isnt about workbook 03 just so you know i may have found a bug.

RonC

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943
    well this issue isnt about workbook 03 just so you know i may have found a bug.

RonC
    --- Fair enough... However, it's still related to workbook 3. Seeing what you were trying to do will help others to try it out - and report it (if it's indeed a bug - can't try it myself).

The "keeping it all together" comment is also not only related to these two threads - but a general one.

im sorry but you want me to compile every little potential bug that I'm finding and do a huge post of it? Do you think people will want to read that?

If thats what you want sure ill do it. im just saying as a reference point I was working on workbook 03, it didn't mean necessarily I'm "misunderstanding" the tutorials, it merely came about as I was doing the workbooks. I guess I misunderstood, you want me to compile all of my completely separate (automatic object grouping, xara picture editor error) issues to one post then?

im sorry it just seems like youre not even reading my posts fully.

RonC
    Last edited by rpc9943; 13 January 2006 at 05:12 AM.

As someone else put it about being "led by the nose" in your last tutorial request thread... Too many "cry wolf" - and people will stop paying attention. Too many "requests for this and that" - without posting anything showing that you are doing anything with the help (or attempts at it) you are getting - and people will stop paying attention.

In your case, I would venture to say - yes, please do complie "all your" potential bugs in to one thread... If they are indeed real bugs - they will be confirmed and forwarded.
    Last edited by RTK; 13 January 2006 at 05:37 AM.

ok thanks and sorry

(im not asking to be led by the nose btw, its hopefully obvious in my posts)

RonC

Quote Originally Posted by rpc9943
    Working on the little stamp workbook 03
    figured step 9 would have to be livefx... i selected enhance..
    made sure that the bitmap was the new one i created,
    and theres an empty progress bar sitting there. Doing nothing.

Bizzarre.

Any ideas?

ROnC
    Right, I'm glad someone else has noticed this. I noticed it a long time ago, however it was affecting just my home computer (but not another of my computers). I've been discussing it with Xara, and because we couldn't find the cause, and it was affecting only me, there was nothing that could be done. Is anyone else suffering this problem? I suspect it's related to the users system hardware. Can you test for me please whether the stubborn progress bar does not disappear when you do the following:

1. make a shape
    2. select the live effects (LE) tool
    3. select Enhance from the infobar
    4. make an alteration to the settings

At this stage for me, the progress bar appears, and no change occurs to the properties of the shape. Only when closing the enhance dialogue box do the changes made get updated on the shape. It's very annoying for me. It happens also when the XPE (internal version) is opened by double clicking a photo in Xara.

Could you also tell me what hardware you have (eg graphics card in particular, chip etc)?

im running a64 3000+, 1.5gb ram, 480gb of 3 hd's, geforce6200 w/ latest geforce drivers

Also im getting refresh issues here and there...

of course its the bought cd version

RonC

Xhris;

I tried that sequence on my work computer, and no progress bar showed up. The adjustments took effect in real time, just like they're supposed to. Unfortunately, I don't know what the hardware configuration is.

Glen