Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Make font THICKER

Adding outlines to a font to make it heavier is not the right answer.

The thing to do is to use a Type Face/Family that comes in more than the usual Windows 4 styles, Regular, Bold and Italic and Bold Italic.
    These were my thoughts also. I am using a font that comes with all 4 windows styles, and selected bold version. My boss likes serif fonts (his favorite is Times New Roman) but wants heavier versions than what can be achieved with standard bolding.

In some programs I can just stretch the lettering width without really adjusting the overal word width. Thought it might be possible to do it in XX.

I have a few MM fonts installed and Adobe type manager 4.1, an antique leftover from when I used PageMaker and PhotoShop. Did not know I could use those fonts in XARA! Will set my preferences to look at those and see what can be done with those!

Will look at the links you provided.

Did find a nice free font site that offered a HEAVY version of the same font which did the trick this time. http://www.webpagepublicity.com/

Thank you!
    Last edited by samrc; 25 August 2006 at 07:23 PM.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)