Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Won't install ????

For some reason I have a problem with the CD.
    Everthing is fine up untill I get to the point of the actual install, when I click next it just reverts back to the initial option pop-up where it asks if you want to install Xtreme or see the movies or install the trial software.

Any ideas ????

Default Re: Won't install ????

Anybody ???

Use the search tool above here, and search for 'install problems'? I only looked through a few that did not seem relevant, but a deeper search may find something, or give you a hint.

Sorry I can't be of more assistance.

If using XP are you logged in as Administrator?

Do you have the trial version installed? which version - if the trial is later than the CD version it could cause it to fail.

Have you checked the CD to ensure the files are there? faulty CD's can occur but unlikely.

Try running the setup program from the CD without the autostart menu. Use explorer to find the file.

If all above fail then if files are there try copying them to hard disk and running install from there.

Christine
    Last edited by Christine Farrelly; 24 August 2006 at 06:01 AM.

Hi Weapon X,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

The problem may be due to the Data Execution Prevention feature of Windows XP.

To change it's settings: Click the Start Button, right click My Computer, select Properties from the pop-up menu.
    Click the Advanced tab on the System Properties dialog window, Click the Settings button in the Performance section.
    Click the Data Execution Prevention tab of the Performance Options dialog window. Select "Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only."
    Click the OK button on the Performance Options dialog.
    Click the OK button on the System Properties dialog.

Reboot your computer and then try installing the software.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I am having EXACTLY the same problem. I have the 2.0e DL on my laptop, get to the Terms and OCnditions stage then it reverts back to the initial Xtreme pop up with the car on it.... very frustrating... I will try some of the methods mentioned and report back.

Andy

Well I copied the files to a folder on my desktop... tried to install but the same happened. I then went back to try the disc, and it seemed to instal... what a strange set of circumstances....

Andy

Are you installing over the download?

1. A failed installation can occur for a variety of reasons.

One reason could be that you have insufficient permissions on the machine. If you are using Windows 2000/XP, you need to have administrative permissions to install the software.

Additionally ensure you have no virus software enabled or any registry monitoring software when installing.

Its also worthwhile cleaning out your temp directory.

To clean out the Temp directory:
    Go to the Start Menu and select Run.
    Type cmd and click OK.
    In the DOS prompt, type set.
    Press Enter.
    Find the values for TEMP and TMP. These represent the location of the Temp directory on your computer.
    Go to the location of the Temp directory and delete all files and folders in it.

Are you installing a download or from the CD? If it is a download then please re-download the exe after deleting your temp files and try re-running it.

If this does not help then try deleting the x:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional folder, if present, and re-run the setup.

If this does not help then perhaps the programs been partially installed. Manually remove it and then try re-installing.

Delete the c:\Program Files\Xara\Xtreme folder

Look in this Registry location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall
    There will be a number of key entries of the form {51DB00FD-216D-41CE-9892-D0CE83196108} which have a sub-key "DisplayName". Remove any of those keys which have a Display Name of "Xara Xtreme" (or have Xara Xtreme anywhere).

Also remove the following registry keys:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Xara\Xara Xtreme
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Xara\XaraXtreme ( if present)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XaraXtreme

***Please do not delete anything else from the registry other than what is shown above.