Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Question Xara Xtreme vs. Fireworks 8

In some ways both programs accomplish similar yet different goals regarding creation and modifications of graphics.

I really like the speed of Xara Xtreme vs. Fireworks and I believe I can accomplish everything I need with Xara Xtreme.

My question is how do I get instructions of how to use Xara Xtreme other than {F1-help}? I did download the 2 intoductory videos, but it was just an introduction and does nothing to instruct what Xara Xtreme is capable. When I look at the graphic arts work on these forums, there has to be some sort of instruction documentation whether in PDF format or otherwise to obtain the quality of 'art' produced by Xara Xtreme.

I am basically a web designer and not a graphic artist, so if I can just explore use the basics of Xara Xtreme and pass the "modified graphics" to someone who really is a talented graphic artist, I will be happy.

The problem being at this time, without the basic instructions of how to use Xara Xtreme, I am basically using this program by trial and error. At present I am able to do more with 'Fireworks' only because I can find more tutorial information on the web on 'Fireworks'. Any help on where to find application tutorial on Xara Xtreme will be helpful.

I only have 12 more days on Xara Xtreme. I don't mind buying the program, but at this time without a tutorial to explore the basics of Xara Xtreme, I'm stuck with using Fireworks. (Please note I am presently using both trial of Xara Xtreme and Fireworks before committing to purchase any product.)
    Last edited by ecub; 21 August 2006 at 06:35 PM. Reason: grammatical correction