Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Opening Animated GIFs in Xtreme which were created by X3D

Yesterday, I created an animated GIF via X3D6. The frame size was defined as 960 px wide x 720 px tall.

When I opened the GIF file in extreme (via Windows Explorer by double-clicking on the file and choosing Xtreme or directly in Xtreme) the frame size defined in X3D6 is ignored (size of the objects for each frame is correctly, however). Because of this, the page size in Xtreme has to be redefined, all objects on all frames selected and realigned to the center of the page.

I would call this an "inconvenience bug". Isn't there a way X3D6 could embed page information when the GIF is created that Xtreme could use?
    Last edited by jclements; 19 August 2006 at 05:04 PM.

Default Re: Opening Animated GIFs in Xtreme which were created by X3D

Hmmm ... there shouldn't be any need to 'realign' objects.
    Select "All" and all frames can be resized in a single move (as in a group) and their relative positions maintained.

The frames do not need to be resized as they are the correct size. It is the Page Defintion in Xtreme that has to be redefined to 960 x 720; therefore, the frames must be realigned relatiave to the page.

Quote Originally Posted by jclements View Post
    The frames do not need to be resized as they are the correct size. It is the Page Defintion in Xtreme that has to be redefined to 960 x 720; therefore, the frames must be realigned relatiave to the page.
    Oh, right, I misunderstood.

John, I'm not quite sure of the problem you're having here. If you open a 'New Animation' page in Xtreme it appears the only size of screen/window available is around 2050 x 1570 pixels.

Now whenever you import an animated gif into Xtreme the screen/window/stage size never has redrawn to the size of the animation. Example 200x150 pixels but always remained the same.

However when it comes to exporting the animation it automatically assumes the size of the on screen objects.

Maybe I'm getting you wrong here. Perhaps you could explain in more detail.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg, the point I was trying to make is that if I have a GIF animation created in X3D6 which, for the sake of this discussion, is 100x100, then when opened into Xara (with no other document open), I hoped that the Xara page definition would be also be 100x100 with all the frames properly aligned upon it, NOT whatever default it is currently using. That's why I call this a "inconveniece" bug.

John
    Last edited by jclements; 19 August 2006 at 05:03 PM.