Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buttons Gallery

Default Re: Buttons Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    The Gel Buttons are in the Example Xara X Drawings 1 (CD) folder in the Clipart, very bottom right of that folder on my machine.
    OK, now I am really confused. I looked through the web themes and didn't see any gel buttons contained in any of the libraries. If I am reading correctly on this forum it has been stated that the only gel buttons contained within Xara X is the ones on the tutorial for creating gel buttons in the clip art library?

I tried to select one of the buttons and do a copy and paste so I could save it but no luck. Any ideas? Why have they made it so hard if this is one of their big selling points in the video? In the video they show an gel button that has all the layers combined and then they resize it and change colors. It just seems to me that there should be a library with them.
    IP

Soquili's post (#23) did not show anything having to do with the web themes. When you peruse the clipart gallery, without checking the web themes, the gel buttons drawing is at the bottom of the Xara X Drawings 1 (CD) folder.

If you haven't yet received your Xara CD, you may not have this drawing, as the trial version doesn't have all the clip art included.
    IP

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Quote Originally Posted by PETERPREWETT View Post
    I read that but thought that tutorials were stored in another location not in the threads.

Peter

Peter,

There ARE a lot of tutorials stored in a different location (www.xaraxone.com) which are produced by Gary W. Priester (one of the modarators of this forum). I highly recomend that you read and recreate each one of Gary's Tutorials, because you will learn a lot. (Or at least I have)

Sometimes, people on these forums do post mini-tutorials on the forums themselves. This is what I did. Although it was in answer to a question that wasn't asked.

Actually the information that I posted is probably already covered by Gary in his Tips and Tricks section or somewhere else on the Xara Xone. You should check out the other sections of his site too.

I hope that this clears things up.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by David O'Neil View Post
    Soquili's post (#23) did not show anything having to do with the web themes. When you peruse the clipart gallery, without checking the web themes, the gel buttons drawing is at the bottom of the Xara X Drawings 1 (CD) folder.

If you haven't yet received your Xara CD, you may not have this drawing, as the trial version doesn't have all the clip art included.
    Yes, I have seen that as that is the tutorial I am talking about. The buttons at the bottom don't have their layers flattened so when trying to select one you can only select that layer and not all layers. All I want to do is just use them but they are not in a format to be used. That is the problem. The video is a little misleading in that it makes you think that they are available if you buy this product but they aren't.
    IP

Just open that gel button file as a new drawing, and copy-paste the button into the drawing you are working on. You can easily save just the button as a new drawing or clipart.

David
    IP

When I selected that file it was pasted into my blank file. The problem is that the whole tutorial is a .xar file and not the individual objects. Hence, the reason I was trying to capture all the layers together so I could paste them into a blank doc and save them. No luck. I would love to see a video tutorial of someone able to accomplish this task - Getting the Gel Buttons out of and back into Xara X.

Here I was so excited about Xara and now that I am working on my first project it is really becomming a major headache. Something so simple as selecting a button and modifying it becomes a 4 page thread. Just rediculous!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by InfoCentral View Post
    When I selected that file it was pasted into my blank file. The problem is that the whole tutorial is a .xar file and not the individual objects. Hence, the reason I was trying to capture all the layers together so I could paste them into a blank doc and save them. No luck. I would love to see a video tutorial of someone able to accomplish this task - Getting the Gel Buttons out of and back into Xara X.

Here I was so excited about Xara and now that I am working on my first project it is really becomming a major headache. Something so simple as selecting a button and modifying it becomes a 4 page thread. Just rediculous!
    To be honest, the attitude in your post pisses me off, but I will overlook it, and try to continue helping you, as if instead of posting what you posted, you posted something along the lines of "How do I select only part of a Xara drawing, and then save only that part to a file, so I can easily import that into my future projects?"

Actually, I am going to skip to the end, and challenge you to figure it out yourself in the future. Here is the result of about 15 seconds of work in Xara (literally), which resulted in exactly that. In fact, I also grouped the button, so you don't have to worry about moving only part of the button when you click and drag it.

Best wishes,
    David

[Edit] To be clearer, what gets to me is that even though everyone was trying to help you, and you have seen the power of some of the stuff created with Xara, your first thought at this stage seems to be to blame Xara for a lack of understanding on your part. Rather than thinking "How have all the other skilled people in here done what they have done with Xara", you seemed to say, "Hmm. I can't figure out how to do it. It must be a problem with Xara." If you were to program Xara, how would you have made it possible to do what you want done?

Please do not take my words badly, I was just being honest, and I do not mean any ill-will towards you. Please ask questions in the future that will help you understand this program more quickly on your end, rather than putting it down without any understanding, and then blaming Xara.

As an old, but good TV series said: "Patience, Grasshopper!" [/Edit]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by David O'Neil; 14 September 2006 at 07:22 PM.
    IP

Whatever. The fact is that using a gel button in Xara is now a 4 page thread period. How you choose to react to that is how you choose to react to it. We still after 4 pages are no where nearer to ease of use then we were when the thread was created in post #1. I have a project to do and "patience" is reserved for those who loose the contracts and delay the deadlines for the ones the are able to obtain.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by InfoCentral View Post
    ...How you choose to react to that is how you choose to react to it...
    Exactly. I chose to try to help you, and you chose to be ungrateful and ingratiating. Do you think I will try to help you again?

Best of luck with your future projects.

David
    IP

Please don't feel bad about trying to help me out because in the final analysis you didn't. So there really isn't anything to feel bad about. In conclusion the gel buttons are not readly available and will require both knowledge of the program and some manipulation to achive abstraction.

But fear not, for when I do have time and figure it out I will produce a video on how to do it and I will be able to articulate it.
    IP