Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Buttons Gallery

Default Re: Buttons Gallery

Yes, I am interest for some silly reason, and thank you Bill, nicely done.....one problem, a thousand solutions.....frank
    .............frank
    IP

thanks bill, very nicely done, i grabbed it and saved it also
    -=Bob=-
    IP

Exclamation Re: Buttons Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Some examples of some buttons:
    I would like to use the gel button in a project I am doing. I like the gel button with the ability to use text in it. I saw the tutorial talked about previously in the clip art gallery. I would like to try one out from scratch sometime but now is not the time as I am under time constraint. Are these gel button contained in Xara X or 3D or neither? Thanks...
    IP

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

InfoCentral,

You can find them in Xtreme. Xara 3D is a 3D animation program while Xara Xtreme is a Vector Graphics drawing program. To find the buttons in Xtreme, Albacore already provided the directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Go to the Scissors on the top bar "clipart" and click on it, when the window opens click on the last dropdown menu where it states clipart and select "Web Themes" and all your buttons are there bar the gel buton.
    There are also some gel buttons in Xara Webstyle, but they are not exactly the same as the ones shown in this thread. (basically these have a metal base to the gel button)

I hope that this helps.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.
    IP

What type of button are you wanting? Gel buttons like in the Xara movie?

An example would help determine the type of button you are looking for as the term button can mean many different things?

Some examples of some buttons:
    first of all,just like to hi. plz can you tell me how do i get text to look like its imprinted onto the gel button?

thanks carl.
    IP

Hi Carl,

Welcome to the Xara Xtreme conference.

For text in a gel button, I used a font named Valken which has nice round end caps. Copy the fill from the gel button then paste the attributes to the text (Ctl+Shift+A). Apply an inner bevel and change the light angle of the bevel to about 125 degrees. I'm attaching the .xar file so you can take it apart and examine each object.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	button-text.gif 
Views:	544 
Size:	7.3 KB 
ID:	29615  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Buttons Gallery

Hi Carl,

Welcome to the Xara Xtreme conference.

For text in a gel button, I used a font named Valken which has nice round end caps. Copy the fill from the gel button then paste the attributes to the text (Ctl+Shift+A). Apply an inner bevel and change the light angle of the bevel to about 125 degrees. I'm attaching the .xar file so you can take it apart and examine each object.
    thank you very much for yur quick help. iam quite new to grfix programs. i did a few free trials on diff programs and found Xara to be the least complicated and such a diverse tool. WOW. keep up the good work
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Go to the Scissors on the top bar "clipart" and click on it, when the window opens click on the last dropdown menu where it states clipart and select "Web Themes" and all your buttons are there bar the gel buton.
    I tried that and I don't have a "Web Themes" on my clipart. The last section listed is "Transport then Words." Did I forget to do something when I loaded this program? I updated it and it said it found and downloaded additional content. Thanks...
    IP

Yep, I explored my CD and sure enough it doesn't contain any "Web Themes" library. Do you know where I can obtain that missing library? Thanks...
    IP

Hi InfoCentral,

The drop down that Albacore mentioned is on the top of the ClipArt window.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	webthemes.gif 
Views:	496 
Size:	5.4 KB 
ID:	29618  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP