Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Anyone know of a Calendar Plugin

Hello Folks,

I'm looking for a plugin that might be able to generate the box part of a Calendar (days, dates, etc), to suit whatever year/month specified, or some templates for Xara Xtreme perhaps?

I was wondering if anyone was aware of such a plugin at all?

Kind regards,

Ruffs

Default Re: Anyone know of a Calendar Plugin

A plug in is something that creates an effect on an image - blur, sharpen, greyscale, solarize etc.

I think what you are looking for is a code snippet. Try www.dynamicdrive.com

Dave

i use the calendar wizard in Word

just go to File - New and a whole menu comes up with goodies, including the calendar wizard
    -=Bob=-

I would hope a plugin could do whatever the coder writes.

I do use Word the same way, copy and paste the metafile contents into Xara, but it's such a shame there isn't a faster way, it still waste's hours reformatting the days and dates to a decent degree.

Thank you both for your replies though. Perhap it is time to look into writing something.

Kind regards,

Ruffs

You don't actually need a plug in, there are workarounds.

Please view this thread
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...light=calendar

Thanks Availor for that link, it makes similar reading to the route I have come to use.

I use the Word Calendar Wizard to make the month-date calendars, and then copy and paste those into Xara. When prompted, I always paste them as Metafiles.

I can then ungroup, regroup, reposition and resize, but I must admit that all takes quite some time still to suit the calendar.

I was just hoping there was a faster way to achieve this, and whilst it is improved by having a templated page design first, it still takes quite a lot of time to rearrange dates etc.

Kind regards,

Ruffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    I would hope a plugin could do whatever the coder writes.
    A plugin plays with pixels, not inserting things. Plugin filters change coloured images to greyscale, or introduce lightning effects etc. They do not, nor can they, produce a calendar or any other sort of object. They use what is available in the image they are applied to.

Dave

Hi Toffeeman,

Ok so the plugin's in this instance are only for Pixel support?

That's a shame. It's obviously relatively easy for me to create boxes and layouts in code in a Vector form, but a shame if there isn't a way to write external plugins that could feedback Vector capabilities into Xara. I suppose I will just have to try to write out to another format and import into Xara.

Would be nice if Xara could be extended with it's own Vector capable plugin's as well.

Thank you all for your information though, and sorry for the lateness of my replies, I've been a little busy.

Kind regards,