Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: alpha/greek font

Quote Originally Posted by The Alien View Post
    But using copy & paste, you can paste the alpha in the message textbox here on the forum. This means that the alpha letter does exist in Verdana. This would mean that there's a key combo to type the alpha with (instead of copy & paste).
    Where were you pasting it from?

You can open the Windows XP Character Map and display the characters in any active typeface. On my system, the character set in Advanced View was set to Windows: Western. When I change the character set to Unicode or Windows: Greek, the Greek alphabet becomes available. (How far you have to scroll depends on which character set you're using.) There's no key combo shown for these characters unless there's some way to directly enter a Unicode code.

When I paste the lowercase Greek alpha into Xara, it comes in in Times Roman (even though my default font is Arial). You can then change the font to Verdana.

Whoa, thanks. I've never played with the character set to reveal the Windows: Greek set. Funny one can't show all characters in a font in windows' character map. (I always thought unicode was the same as "All")
    I can indeed see there's no keystroke associated with alpha.

I've pasted the alpha from here: http://www.alanwood.net/unicode/greek.html
    which shows the decimal code that's supposed to be the number one enters in combination with ALT.

-=Bob=-