Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Flaming Pear/ SuperBlade Pro plugin

I am having a problem using the filter in Xara. I load a bit map in the filter then close the filter. When I do something to the object it can't find the bit map. It seems to be because the name gets changed. I load blank.bmp and then it looks for blank.bmp~.bmp ( the ~ is actually some strange A). I found that I neeed to type the name minus the .bmp into the box for it to work! Has anyone else had this problem?

Grace
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Default Re: Flaming Pear/ SuperBlade Pro plugin

SBP works in Extreme, only. You said Xara in general. If I select an object in Extreme, and select the plugin, the plugin opens with a effect applied. It may act strange if a resource is not in the correct location. i.e. an environment.

SBP uses BMP format for its environments. Rich

Yes, I am using Xtreme and the plugin works. But when I have it load a bit map from the environment folder - say a2.bmp it asks what folder a2.bmp~.bpm is - and that does not exist.
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

I couldn't get anything like that to happen. The problem I had was when I placed my environments in a new folder. SBP must look in the last place when finding an environment. When I selected a new preset, the environment wasn't found. The environment was in the normal folder, and I had to go find it. Your problem sounds different. Have you tried other presets? Rich

Hmm. I have just downloaded the demo and am having the same problems. Any ideas anyone?

As I remember the demo and running version are the same. The difference is the running version has the serial number.

I have a copy of Plugin.DLL in my Extreme folder. I have a few other DLLs, too. Don't know if that would make a difference.

Rich

I just tried puting all the super blade stuff in the Xtreme plugins folder and I get the same problem. Bizarre.
    I wonder what a bpm file is.

I have a separate set of files for Extreme because I didn't want to go to my PSCS folder. Exterme is set to there and it works fine. SBP uses BMP format for textures and environments, and may be included in a preset. Looking for a bmp file appears incorrect. You could ask Flaming Pear support. Rich

Hi Rich.
    Thanks for the help. I mailed Flaming Pear support about a week ago but no reply. Guess I won't be buying.

I saw that SPB is going to the PS plugin folder for the environments. Guess that is a registry thing. Rich