Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: CMYK gradient problem

Here's the xar file that works for me. Perhaps it's worth sending your file into Xara so they can look at it.

Egg
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I have had the same problems in Xara and tried to repeat the same style in InDesign and compare the two PDF's. InDesign rasterise all the transparent areas so you have to put the text to the front. So after that experience I made a bitmaped copy in Xara which lost some of the detail so then a mage png. copy of the selected area and then replaced that with the original vector and the PDF's came out fine.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you very much for your help, gradient trick worked and I got the job sent.

Yes, I think I'll mail the xar to support.

sunny days,

Jon

Ingenious solution, Egg.

Thanks Grafixman,

I was quite chuffed to find a solution. It just dawned on me that the gradients were importing to pdf correctly but not the flat fills, so give the flat fills a "false" gradient.

Very unsatisfactory, but a workaround. That's why I suggested Jon takes it further with xara.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It didn't work after all, something is still wrong.

XARA: 20,4% 94% 72,1% 17,9%

Prints out as

0% 76% 63% 34% (from PDF)

Jon, it is best you do this in indesign or quark, typesetting like this is better done in those programs. You can always import tif files for your graphics into indesign or quark and set everything up there.

Thanks behzad, now all I need is 1205 € for Indesign or 2250 € for Quark - problem solved.

You are right of course that this type of job is not what Xara is primarily meant for, I will try Scribus as it looks promising and is all I can afford now.

... and like I said in the first post, Xara->Acrobat Elements has worked amazingly well in the past. I've got a handful of posters and a small pile of fliers that came out just like I wanted them.

This time I've overlooked/forgotten/messed up something and the background red is killing me

Now this probably won't help but.....
    I've had all sorts of CMYK preview errors in the past and it turns out to be an Xtreme bug. I can be circumvented by going into Options-Tune-ups and unchecking Cache groups and layers.
    As I said. probably won't work but might be worth a try?