Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Background problem

Hello everybody,

I have managed to create a nice spinning logo using xara extreme and xara 3D.

The problem is that I use the trial version of xara 3D, so the background instead of being all black as I want, has "xara 3D" written all over the place.

Yeah, I know ...

Anyways, I was wondering if someone could help me with my animation.

The background has to be black, and the 3d object has as colors:

text faces/sides, light 1 and 3 -> red (#FF0000)
    light 2 -> (#00000F)

I have attached the .xar file, and I would like an animated gif.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Background problem

Couldn't open the file. Xara says 'not recognised'

Welcome to the forums , CalypsoH20.

I couldn't open your xar file either, but if you already have your X3D file, post that, and I will load it into my Xara3D, and export your animated gif for you. The background you are seeing is not part of the file but rendered on the hoof by the trial version of Xara3D.

Mike

Hi CalypsoH2O,

I'm not sure why you renamed your .x3d file to .xar but here's an animation exported from it.

It's bit large file size for use on a web page. 197.3KB

If anyone else wants to have a go at it, simply download CalypsoH2O's file and then rename it so the file extension is .x3d instead of .xar
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	logoCalypsoH2O.gif 
Views:	311 
Size:	197.3 KB 
ID:	28512  
    Last edited by Soquili; 09 August 2006 at 01:06 PM.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Hello,

Thank you very much for the animation Soquili.

I am planning to use the animation as a sort of "introduction".

So, the index.html will contain only the animation and a text/hyperlink that says "ENTER" below. It's for a friend's website.

I was wondering if in this case I can leave the animation to 197.3 KB ?

Cheers!

Anyone accessing your friends website using dial-up or a slow DSL connection may not hang around long enough to see the animation.

I don't have much experience creating web pages for use on the internet. I personally usually find another site if I see a page that wants me to click something to "Enter". Many Flash sites do that, or just show "Loading..."
    My personal opinion of those sites isn't very high and so I find another site to visit.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I'm afraid I have to agree with Bill 100% and I have been saying this on a few threads lately. If you want a good site, concentrate on the message. Animation can be okay sometimes but it slows down the download time, it draws my eye away from your real message. The older sites were all done with plain html which created a static site like a magazine page or a newspaper, but full of information and I'm afraid that even with all today's technology it hasn't changed the what creates a good web site (design)

I can't give you anything more because I don't know what age group your trying to attract and what your trying to do, but if you want a person to visit your site the Accueil or index page should be fast downloading, tell me what your site is about with possibly an image posted and links to slower downloading pages. That way, if I am interested, I will wait while your other pages downloads. In my opinion, if you want to be a good web creator, get rid of you brand new high speed machine, get an older p2 which for me is a step up, get rid of high speed connection and use dial up, set the screen resolution to 800 x 600 and then sit on your ass for half an hour while waiting for your site to download and then scroll left to right to see the page, then you will start to understand good web design. At this stage I think there are a lot more of us than there are of you's, so keep this in mind. I am sure you can create good, if not a great site but keep in mind size, navigation, and good tastes. Make your big pictures no more than 500 pixels wide and experiment, but you should be able to compress jpg's between 60 to 75% without really affecting the viewing quality........hopes this helps a bit.......frank
    .............frank

The problem is that I use the trial version of xara 3D, so the background instead of being all black as I want, has "xara 3D" written all over the place.

Yeah, I know ...

Anyways, I was wondering if someone could help me with my animation.
    Come on guys, there's a reason for the Demo background in the trial version of Xara3D. A bit like biteing the hand that feeds you!

As for 197 Kb animation ..... a 50 second download on a dial up connection .... everyones out of here.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

As for 197 Kb animation ..... a 50 second download on a dial up connection .... everyones out of here.
    Hi Egg

I covered this point in twinkling stars. Animation is okay but it seems a lot of people are growing up with fast machines and high speed internet connections and are starting to loose the concept of a web page. A web page is basically a means for conveying something you have or you know to somebody else, either for free or for a price. And please, please do not tell me that for optimal viewing I have to use msexplorer version x cause I don't, I won't and I probably never will.

Your banner is very nice but animating it is create a bigger site, a slower site which is not really in your interest. If your site has not come in under 15 seconds you start loosing people and the longer it takes the more you loose
    This is old information from the old dialup days but it still applies to an awful lot of people yet........frank
    .............frank

Hi,

Thank you for all your answers.

I agree with what you said, that is best to forget the animation as introduction, but my friend for which I make the website (she's a photographer, the website will present her work) insists on keeping it.

Many thanks for your advice and help!