Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default The king live's on!!

HI guys i been trying to put a pic of graceland in the background of this pic that i been playing with all day !And all i get is tiles or the image is to big and i cant seem to work out what i am doing wrong with it? Plus i been trying to take the part under his arm where you can see the red stripes so you can see the pic in the background!

Thanks simon
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by bulldog_no1; 14 August 2006 at 05:31 AM.

Default Re: The king live,s on!!

Export as a transparent gif.
    In Xara X open 'New Animation' and import the gif.
    Create new frame, drag that frame to the bottom of the list ie. before frame #1 and put the pic of Gracelands in that frame.
    Adjust for pic for size.

Make that frame a background frame.
    In frame properties make sure show frame is not selected

Export as animated gif.

That should work nicely ...

Last edited by Intbel; 14 August 2006 at 05:53 AM. Reason: schpellinks

Default Re: The king live,s on!!

For the background you'll need to create a png/jpg/gif of approx the same size as your output animation. (150 x 141 pixels) like the attached image.

To remove the banding in the arm section you'll need to modify your original shape to cut out this section.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1.gif 
Views:	317 
Size:	9.6 KB 
ID:	28693  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: The king live's on!!

Thank you Gentlmen ,helpful as always well i did what you said and bingo still needs to do some work on it but starting to really get into this Heres a quistion for you can you use then pen things so you can trace from a book instead of scanning then!!If you know what i mean??
    thanks simon
    Last edited by bulldog_no1; 14 August 2006 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog_no1 View Post
    Heres a quistion for you can you use then pen things so you can trace from a book instead of scanning then!!If you know what i mean??
    Yes I can.

If you mean a graphics tablet, yes it is possible but I've always achieved better results by scanning the image, importing it into XaraXtreme and using the graphics pad to trace over the on screen image.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    If you mean a graphics tablet, yes it is possible but I've always achieved better results by scanning the image, importing it into XaraXtreme and using the graphics pad to trace over the on screen image.
    I used a graphics tablet all the time until I discovered Xara ...

While the graphic pen is most useful in raster progs I find I work more quickly and more efficiently, in Xara, using the mouse.

oh ok its just i anit that great at free hand (getting old you know) but ye i guess with xara x and the 3d programs being easy to use a scanner would work great ! I,ll have to start useing it again lol! thanks guys for the heads up dont want to spend a 100 bucks if i dont need to thats for sure!

Thanks simon