Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Red face A question, not if is possible... to pass Metro to Pixeles.. I expect not to be crazy

Good friends GREETINGS!, I Expect not to be lunatic with this question that carry out is that not itself if he could be passed from METERS to PIXELS, something asi... you understands me, al except that I believe je je!, truly agradeceria its AID!

That is to say but or less, to know 1 meter, equals to as many as pixels of wide... something asi

Many thanks friends by its patience... greetings from VENEZUELA

Default Re: A question, not if is possible... to pass Metro to Pixeles.. I expect not to be crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Wiked+
    Good friends GREETINGS!, I Expect not to be lunatic with this question that carry out is that not itself if he could be passed from METERS to PIXELS, something asi... you understands me, al except that I believe je je!, truly agradeceria its AID!

That is to say but or less, to know 1 meter, equals to as many as pixels of wide... something asi

Many thanks friends by its patience... greetings from VENEZUELA
    I don't fully understand the question.
    Responding to say "Hiyas" to Venezuela .... you can meet some of my good friends
    here

Default Re: A question, not if is possible... to pass Metro to Pixeles.. I expect not to be crazy

How many pixels = 1m?

It depends on your reference. If you mean, how many screen pixels at 96 dots or points per inch (DPI, PPI), which corresponds to about 4 dots per mm, then it's 3779.5 pixels/m.

If you mean professional printer resolutions of 300 dpi, or about 12 dots per mm, then it's 11811 pixels / m.

You can calculate more sizes at http://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/...xel-per-in%5D/

Dave

If you're asking how to change the unit of measure from meters to pixels, you do it by selecting the unit you want in the Options dialog.

Utilities | Options | Units tab | Page units field

What you select in that field determines how Xara displays all the measurements for size and position. It doesn't change the size. It only affects the way the size is displayed. Therefore, if your object is .1 meter wide, and you change the page unit to pixels, Xara will automatically translate the size into pixels.
    Last edited by amoore; 08 August 2006 at 03:35 PM.

Default Re: A question, not if is possible... to pass Metro to Pixeles.. I expect not to be c

If I understand your question, consider: A pixel (picture element) is a discrete entity, not a unit of measure.

A pixel, like a "dot", can be any physical size. The number of pixels in a measured unit determines "resolution", usually expressed in "ppi" (pixels per inch), which could be translated to pixels per meter of resolution if need be. For example, a computer screen may represent 96 ppi (96 pixels by 96 pixels = 1 square inch) resolution, yet for printing 300 ppi (300 pixels by 300 pixels = 1 square inch) is common.

The number of pixels in a meter, therefore, could be 1 or it could be 1 billion. Apples vs oranges.

I hope that makes sense to you.
    Lonnie

Default Re: A question, not if is possible... to pass Metro to Pixeles.. I expect not to be c

1 meter = 39.3700787 inches. You normally work at 96 pixels per inch. Therefore, a line of 39.37 x 96 = 3779.5 pix = 1 meter of 'screen' resolution.

Therefore, draw 1 meter at 3779.5 pix. You can also enter '100cm' in the width or height boxes, and it will be converted to this.

Then, for 300dpi printing, enter a dpi of 300 in the Export Dialog 'dpi box' on the 'Bitmap size' tab, and a 1 meter object will be exported as 300 x 39.37 = 11811 pixels. Or, for 600 dpi printing, enter 600, and the object will be exported as 23622 pixels.

Now, for your problem. Say you want 4 meters, at 300 dpi. Xara won't do this without you scaling everything.

4 meters x 300 x 39.37 = 47244 pixels.

One way you would think you might get this is to draw your object at 2meters, and output at 600 dpi. 2 meters = 2 x 39.37 x 96 = 7559.04 pix. Therefore, final pixel width would be 2 x 39.37 x 600 = 47244 pixels.

I just about crashed my system trying a test of this. I exported a 2 meter object at 150 dpi (as Xara doesn't allow 600 dpi). Xara did it, but it took awhile as Virtual Memory was resized.

It appears that Xara has a hard limit on the number of pixels that can be exported, so you probably won't be able to do a 2 meter object at 600 dpi. I would ask your printing company what resolution they can do at those sizes, and probably use a smaller resolution. Or maybe the Adobe products are capable of this? I don't know what industry standard is for big prints.

Best wishes,
    David.