Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: scanning withe xara!!??

As Eric points out in his post, the Lexmark scanner lets you dictate which program to send the scan to. Apart from the fact that it opens another brand new copy of Xtreme, I find this an excellent solution.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!Export.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	67.0 KB 
ID:	28494  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I use an old HP scanner which brings up a similar dialogue window but Xara isn't listed.

I can choose to scan into any of the other progs or to ave the scanned image in a folder.

I usually choose to save into a folder.

I don't use the scanner very often so 'tis not a problem.
    I guess it may be an inconvenience for someone who is scanning images all day.

For myself, even having to scan an image in the first place is an inconvenience!

Intbel,

(Like your new avatar) Lexmarks allows you to browse to a program.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill
    Intbel,

(Like your new avatar) Lexmarks allows you to browse to a program.
    (Thank you) HP doesn't

OK
    It is Look like there's bad understanding her
    I'm not fans abut scanning image, if i want to use the scanner to import picture for drawing use (that if i can't draw by my self!! ) theirs the net and millionth of option but that's not the case her
    In my point of view the using of scanner it not just to copying some art work or template
    some time you need to do some mechanical staff or engineering draw or hover the need of scanner & digital camera it Fatal there must be some direct communication from the program and the device
    some time the scanner software it doesn't come with god option some time there's bad communication and crush
    I'm using HP scanner and canon on i don't have problem to import picture from them
    but as i said on the beginning it shame powerful program like xara it dos not support this option (scanner &digital camera)

Quote Originally Posted by hisham
    ...it shame powerful program like xara it dos not support this option (scanner &digital camera)
    I disagree. Xara's strength and purpose is its vector drawing ability. While scanner support would be nice, for the price Xara is being offered for, it is FAR from being a shame that it isn't included.

Now, if I had to pay as much as the bloated and slow Adobe programs go for, I would say it is a shame if scanners weren't supported!

I recommend that you look at the bright side of life--you have a powerful tool to get vector graphic jobs done in Xara. You also have a tool to scan your work and easily get it to a state to import into Xara. You are lucky. My scanner died two years ago, and I don't have one now, so you are in a better position than me!
    Last edited by David O'Neil; 09 August 2006 at 09:52 PM.

Scanners create bitmapped images, therefore bitmap editing software can be expected to support scanners. I don't see a need to have scanned (bitmapped) images go directly into a vector application; but, obviously someone does.

As mentioned previously, Corel supports scanners by having the image made available in Photopaint. Perhaps XPE could be the destination application for scanner (TWAIN) images.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update