Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Default Re: scanning withe xara!!??

I use a Lexmark combo printer/scanner that allows me to choose the software that scanned images open in. Very handy.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

My scanning software from my Canon Scanner Model #4200F allows me to specify file type, dpi, decreen and where my scan will open into.

Additionally, if you scan into another program, and save to your hard disk, from Windows Explorer it is easy to drag it into Xara.

As far as other vector software being able to scan images, CorelDRAW has been able to import twain from cameras and scanners for years. I have 9, 12 and X3 and all can accept a scan, and I have 8 also at work and am fairly certain it is able to do that as well. You can also scan in to PhotoPaint. And once a bitmap is in DRAW it is easy to have PhotoPaint edit it.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

http://www.scanhelp.com/

I used ArtScan many years ago.

Rich

My first scanner was a Umax and the pictures were alwasys ten shades of dark. It really taught me how to correct pictures. So there are the ups and the downs. Even though I can do without the added help, the automation really speeds things up when time is of the essence, doesn't it?

One thing HP used to bundle with the software for many of its scanners was the ability to scan black and white scalable saved as .wmf. When our old scanner gave out on us as work, because we use this feature so frequently, we bought new ones on Ebay that have that feature.

When I can afford it, I'll get one for myself at home. Even though .wmf has too many nodes, it is easy to reduce the number, but is save a lot of time with logos that are one color and with business card size adds, just scan them and take of the hairline outline, the text, once printed rivals typeset. To say the least, we love them to death at work.

And even though DRAW can scan a bitmap it can't scan a .wmf so we have to save it and bring it in. It is only one step vs. the time it would take to do the recreated artwork.

The scan comes in as RBG black however, but it is easy to change. I know it is off topic but it is so handy to know.
    Last edited by sallybode; 07 August 2006 at 10:10 PM.

Sally M. Bode

Sally, I sort of remember ArtScan being able to scan and convert to EPS. It wasn't something I did, however. Rich

Well, that is good news, I am downloading a copy and see if it works with my scanner.

As far as I knew, HP was the only scanner that offered it bundled with their scanners but they only offer it on the one that is hugely expensive now. The software won't work with my hardware, darn.

Thanks, Rich.
    Last edited by sallybode; 08 August 2006 at 04:42 AM.

Sally M. Bode

is same to me that the scanning connection directly from xara it well be good think to think abutted
    It is to much hassle to use another program to import some art work or art line or hand drawing template
    The vector program it's same is pitmba program theirs need scanner option I don't see any reason why vector program do not have scanner option ??!!
    for myself i use paint program to import picture or art line to me computer then to xara it well be sweet to one direct step from the scanner to xara
    Last edited by hisham; 08 August 2006 at 09:51 AM.

Here's one theory:

Raster progs are designed to edit photographs so they use all means to import photographs. Start with a photograph and edit ...

Vector progs are drawing progs ... so you draw. Start with a clean page and draw and edit your own work.

Question Re: scanning withe xara!!??

sorry ! didn't toked?
    what you mean by (Raster progs are designed to edit photographs so they use all means to import photographs)
    do you mean that i can import directly from xara by the scanner!

Quote Originally Posted by hisham
    sorry ! didn't toked?
    what you mean by (Raster progs are designed to edit photographs so they use all means to import photographs)
    do you mean that i can import directly from xara by the scanner!
    Forgive my sense of humour.

I was being rather tongue in cheek there - suggesting that Vector users have no use for scanners as they make their own drawings from scratch while Raster users need to scan in photographs to get the same results.

As far as I am aware Xara does not import directly from scanners.

Yet ...