Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question scanning withe xara!!??

I know maybe it's stupid question
    but is ther's any way to import image through the scanner direct in xara ???

Default Re: scanning withe xara!!??

Quote Originally Posted by hisham
    I know maybe it's stupid question
    but is ther's any way to import image through the scanner direct in xara ???
    I haven't found one yet!

i think they must do something abutted !
    that is mean i must use anther program to import art work from scanner??!

Very often, scanning software comes with your scanner.

In my case, I simply plugged an old Epson USB scanner into Windows XP and it was automatically brought into my system.

I did not load the Epson scanning software, which allows you to scan and save graphic files.

Even so, to make it work on its own, I simply go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Scanners and Cameras, then double-click on the Epson Perfection 1640 and a scanning wizard pops up.

This wizard allows me to save TIF, BMP, JPG and PNG file types. I did not try all of these, but the TIF file opens in Xara Xtreme.

I also have VueScan from Hamrick Software, a very good stand-alone scanner program. This program supports most scanners. It is $US 50 for standard, $US 90 for professional. It is at http://www.hamrick.com/index.html

I purchased Professional many years ago and Ed Hamrick's word has been good -- every update since then has been free. Many new features have been added since I bought it.

There are two modes. Standard allows you to scan things almost as easily as the Windows XP scanner wizard for my Epson scanner. Or you can work with it in very complex, high-end ways, using the "Advanced" mode.

my problem is like this
    In most graphic program there is option for import art work from the scanner divas (file/import/WIA or scanner) this option i can not fonded in xara x do i missing something ??!!
    What you saying it is what I'm doing tight now and that is not bad but Luke to the paint program that's come withe window it has import from the scanner option and xara x did not ?

Quote Originally Posted by hisham
    my problem is like this
    In most graphic program there is option for import art work from the scanner divas (file/import/WIA or scanner) this option i can not fonded in xara x do i missing something ??!!
    What you saying it is what I'm doing tight now and that is not bad but Luke to the paint program that's come withe window it has import from the scanner option and xara x did not ?
    I thought Xara used to support TWAIN (in which case the import option will be called "Scan..." and appear in the file menu), but you'll need a scanner that supports TWAIN for that. But my memory might be playing tricks.

Alex

No vector programme that I use supports Twain and the only one that I can think of is Corel and it imports it into Paint. You must have gotten a software package with the scanner, one for drawing and one for ORC use them or go for your bitmap editor and scan it from that. After it is on your harddrive use Xara and then import it into your page and then you can manipulate your bitmap using Live Effects or XPE. Plaese remember that Xtreme is a vector programm and not really a bitmap editor but it does have a few feature which can change the look of your bitmap.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Xara does not support twain.
    Serif's vector drawing program Draw does, as does Corel as Albacore says, so you have to scan via another piece of software. If you have nothing else to use try Windows Paint it has a 'from scanner or camera' option. At last a use for Windows Paint.
    Derek

Tip: IrfanView is a nice Freeware graphic viewer with TWAIN support.

Regards,
    Remi

Quote Originally Posted by remi
    Tip: IrfanView is a nice Freeware graphic viewer with TWAIN support.
    Regards,
    Remi
    I'll second that.
    I wouldn't be without Irfanview.
    It does lots of useful stuff.