Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Default China vessels...

Whenever I get the time, I'm fooling around with Kerkythea, trying to learn the ins & outs of this great free program. The attached image was modelled in SketchUp, rendered in Kerkythea, followed with some post-processing in Xara Xtreme.

Regards, Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	china-processed.jpg 
Views:	1196 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	28389  

Default Re: China vessels...

Hi Ross

Looks like your being ignored which is a pity. This is really a great piece that you accomplished, maybe too good since it looks like a photo. The only negative thing I will mention is that you posted it too large for my screen resolution so that I have to scroll over 50% to see the whole image which remove some of the pleasure of viewing. But the work itself and the talent involved want no questioning, they're both great..........frank
    .............frank

Looks Great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull
    Hi Ross
    Looks like your being ignored which is a pity.
    For what it's worth, just 'cos a response isn't received doesn't mean a post is being ignored.

Sure there are many like me who look at mostly everything and while appreciating and enjoying what is posted have no valid comment to make other than, perhaps, "That's cool, I like it."

All quality work posted is of great value both as inspiration for new ideas and also for a mean by which one may judge one's own work.

So keep on posting your work - 'tis appreciated by many.

Hear hear

Ross, that is totally excellent!!! Great job!!!!!!!
    -=Bob=-

Ross,

Excellent renderings. Thanks for sharing.

...image was modelled in SketchUp, rendered in Kerkythea...
    Can you do that from Google SketchUp?

EDIT: Obviously not. Visiting Kerkythea site in IE I couldn't see the scroll bars. It wasn't until I viewed the site in Firefox I realised the scroll bars existed!
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 06 August 2006 at 04:25 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Ross, very nice china vessels.

Although I'm quite proficient with Sketchup, rendering has always scared the life out of me, 'cos I have no idea what any of the terms mean and it all appears so difficult. Anyhoo, I read your post with the Smart cars, and I thought I'd have a go at this Sketchup/Kerkythea lark. Armed with a couple of excellent basic tutorials (from the Kerkythea site), I bashed off a quick test scene in Sketchup and rendered it. The whole thing took about an hour and the result is below. It's not that great, some funny reflections here and there, but I'm amazed at how easy it was to achieve and I'm now motivated to explore further. (By the way, the odd rectangle on the left wall has nothing to do with the scene, I just wanted to try and create a reflective translucent plastic object.)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SKtest.jpg 
Views:	829 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	28416  
    -- Bob

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Thanks for the comments Guys!

Egg - the free Google SketchUp does not provide the necessary export formats to get the geometry into most rendering programs. For now at least you'd need to purchase (or use the demo) of SketchUp Pro. [Model in the free Google SketchUp and then use the demo of Pro to export]. If you want to try it -- the Kerkythea tutorials are critical to making sense of it. It's pretty easy if you go through some of those tutorials first. In the coming months you might find there will be renderers that will directly import the GoogleEarth format that Google SketchUp exports.

Bob -- Your bathroom is looking good. Have you tried a bump map for your tile?

Cool glasses Ross. Stratocast, nice interior space. Its good to see you'all exploring 3D graphics. Keep it up.

I have had sketchup for some time, Unfortunately I don't use it very often.
    Kerkythea? I know nothing about.
    Last edited by Mike Bailey; 06 August 2006 at 08:26 PM.