Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Copy Bevel?

Default Copy Bevel?

i found this question posted, but no answer, so i ask: can a select an object, copy it, and somehow paste the bevel attributes to another object? I know about the Paste Attributes feature, but it doesn't seem to be bevel-aware, thanks kindly, drew..

Default Re: Copy Bevel?

Drew,

I believe that's correct, you CAN'T paste bevel attributes.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

In some instances I think you can.

First, I don't believe you can have any other special attributes applied to it like a drop shadow (please double-check to verify).

Try control-clicking on the bevel itself with either the selector or bevel tool, then do a ctrl-c and try to paste.

If that does not work try selecting the main object and the bevel, then crlt-c, and then paste.

I've tried all of the above John & I can't get it to paste attributes bevel wise. Is it something I'm doing wrong?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I did it yesterday, before this thread was posted.

I'll see if I can figure out how I did it and what version of Xara I used when I get a bit more time.

OK, my previous posting was a "Half" truth.

You can copy the bevel attributes of type and size from one beveled object to another beveled object.

It worked both in XaraX1 and XaraXtreme
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	For Egg.png 
Views:	238 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	28266  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jclements; 02 August 2006 at 07:12 AM.

Cheers John,

Yes that works fine. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Egg

Unhappy Re: Copy Bevel?

When I try to do this the shape I am transferring to simply becomes invisible!
    Tony
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tonylondon; 03 August 2006 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon
    When I try to do this the shape I am transferring to simply becomes invisible!
    Tony
    Note that the line width of the part that becomes invisible shows up as "-0pt". Change that to a positive value, and it will probably appear. It did for me.

David,

so it does! Thank you very much for pointing it out.

That said, however, the bevel attributes do not seem to transfer over, nor do they do so when I use the xar file John prepared for Egg and follow his instructions. Perhaps it is because I'm using Win 98?

Tony