Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Where is the stroke width control?

Hey, what a bloody rip off. I'm pushing it and pushing it and pushing and I'm still poor and still don't have any talent or imagination. Insult to injury, I'm not any younger either!!! and I'm still ugly!!! I want my money back.........frank
    Last edited by Seagull; 07 August 2006 at 12:12 PM.
    .............frank

Quote Originally Posted by Intbel
    I see you are "pushing" buttons again,
    seagulls buttons actually, not a wise thing to do.
    (Be carefull what you post, it will most likely sink.)

Quote Originally Posted by ankhor
    I see you are "pushing" buttons again,
    seagulls buttons actually, not a wise thing to do.
    (Be carefull what you post, it will most likely sink.)
    Okies ... no more button-pushing.
    Back to chain yanking then ...

[QUOTE=Charles Moir]You can enter line stroke widths in any unit you like. And yes if you enter say 3pix, it will show this as 2.25pt, but that's exactly the same as 3pix.
    QUOTE]

Charles,
    are you saying that whatever unit you enter the stroke width in it will Xtreme will remember this internally, irrespective of the value being displayed in points? If so that is good news.
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Rocko
    Hello,

The fact is users should work with Xara for every thing and drop Corel, Illustrator and Fireworks , this is the goal for most products where the loyalty is achieved not for the price or how easy to use can be (Adobe paradigm is truly complex), but by the sensation that it is the solution for the user needs. If you allow him to work with Photoshop, he will learn how to try Illustrator and he will drop Xara, the same about Fireworks and Flash.

Greetings
    I think my previous quote (having Illustrator but using Xtreme for most things) demonstrates that this is not the case. No way would I drop Xtreme (provided later versions are reasonably bug free). Personally I support what I perceive to be Xara's strategy, not that it makes any difference.

Tony

[QUOTE=tonylondon]
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Moir
    You can enter line stroke widths in any unit you like. And yes if you enter say 3pix, it will show this as 2.25pt, but that's exactly the same as 3pix.
    QUOTE]

Charles,
    are you saying that whatever unit you enter the stroke width in it will Xtreme will remember this internally, irrespective of the value being displayed in points? If so that is good news.
    Tony
    Xtreme internally records everything in millipoints (72000ths of an inch). So whatever you put in, in whatever unit, it is remembered at high precision, no matter how it is subsequently displayed.

Alex

[QUOTE=abligh;167675]
    Quote Originally Posted by tonylondon

Xtreme internally records everything in millipoints (72000ths of an inch). So whatever you put in, in whatever unit, it is remembered at high precision, no matter how it is subsequently displayed.

Alex
    Thank you Alex, that’s useful to know. I should have read the help pages!
    It would appear, from the help pages, that by pixel, Xara means 1/96 of 1 inch, and therefore it will always be equivalent to 750 millipoints.

Tony

[QUOTE=tonylondon;168614]
    Quote Originally Posted by abligh View Post

Thank you Alex, that’s useful to know. I should have read the help pages!
    It would appear, from the help pages, that by pixel, Xara means 1/96 of 1 inch, and therefore it will always be equivalent to 750 millipoints.

Tony
    Corrrect.

Alex