Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Need Template Made

By the way, another method for creating templates for labels if you don't have MSWord or if there is no MSWork template existing is to get an actual precut label, take a pencil and lightly rub it or trace over the precut areas to make them more visible, and then scan the label and import it into Xara. Finally, trace over the scan using the line, rectangle, and ellipse tools and save the file in your Xara/templates directory (File > Save Template).

John

I think I'm the only one here that just makes up a label page from scratch every time, just because it's pretty easy to do in Xara.

If you are looking for help with Avery lable why dont you download this free programme which has nearly all the lables in current production and more. This programme allows you to customise the lables put in the relevent data with graphics and print it out. So long as you save your Xara graphic as a jpeg and have your data in it will repeat the process on your sheet for the number that you require. Its free so have a look: http://www.avery.co.uk/uk1/downloads/designpro5.jsp
    Design is thinking made visual.

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

Albacore

While one could do that, why convert your graphics into bitmaps for use in a second program when you can use only one program and keep them as vector?

Here are the Avery Adress Label templates recreated with guides in Xara.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.

I'm with you Eric!

Mapping out the guides is so easy.

Paul

A little french village east of Dallas, TX called Forney And now Austria and Germany too

And here are some return address labels and To & From labels.

Eric
    I'm never wrong. I thought I was wrong once but it turns out that I was mistaken.
    Web Templates. My Beginner Video Tutorials
    My Club. My Album.
    My Other Album. My Tutorial.