Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Could someone make this image 3D and spin please?!

Quote Originally Posted by legodcantona View Post
    Hi, could someone please make this image spin please?

Kindest regards, Matt (legodcantona@hotmail.com)

http://p6.piczo.com/img/i114825115_54778_6.gif

What Image? just a redcross I'm afraid
    IP

Sorry the image isn't working, but it's the logo on the homepage of: www.piczo.com/fcstalybridge.

Thanks

Matt
    IP

Here's a go at it:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by simsmj View Post
    Drifter, Egg's flag is made of three separate shapes superimposed on each other, and each with different extrusions, but all given the same animation parameters so that they spin together.

Mike
    Hmmmm, would there happen to be a tutorial re. how that is done? Thank you for your explanation, but I don't know how to superimpose shapes.
    IP

Making logos/images spin like this is a matter of seconds (not even minutes) using Xara 3D. I suggest you give it a try yourself. you can download a trial of the software HERE. There are plenty more tutorials and more neat effects with spinning and rotating objects.

Good luck.
    IP

Egg or simsmj or someone with their knowledge:

I still am unable to extrude a tiny section and not the entire 3D drawing. I did do simsmj's fantastic tutorial on the astrolab and the correct parts did come out extruded.
    However, I was just playing with the spinning logo a couple of posts above and trying to get just the center red pic to stand out. If I am able to do that I will next attempt to get the lettering to stand out. I got close... I did what simsmj did with the screw head - added it to the line made into shape outline (see below) - but then the outline gets extruded also. I tried the large square shape with no outline at all and Xara gives a message that there is no outline and won't let me import/paste it that way. I tried using just the little red square with the athlete and that won't work as it comes out in 3D the same size as the entire white shape, the first shape I pasted into 3D.
    What am I obviously missing? Must be something - because Egg's flag on the previous page has just one section extruded.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by -=Drifter=-; 17 September 2006 at 11:48 PM.
    IP

Thumbs up Re: Could someone make this image 3D and spin please?!

Man! You guys are GOOD! Tom
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Xara3D can only appy an extrusion to the whole of a given shape. If you want different parts to have different extrusions, then these parts must be separately imported shapes.

But there is a wrinkle with X3D regarding what it sees as separate shapes.

If you select two separate ungrouped shapes in XaraXtreme and then paste them simultaneously into Xara3D, X3D will take the two shapes as a single entity. If you paste them separately, ie. one at a time, then X3D will see them as separate shapes. Egg's flag above consists of three separate shapes, one white, one red, one blue, and each has a different colour and extrusion.

Mike
    IP

I still cannot figure out how to add one little piece to 3D. I have been playing with the flag Egg drew. I managed to get the red sections to stand out. Now (and certainly not to defile the wonderful flag) I have been trying to add just one little red square in the middle - extruded - just like with the stalybridge logo pic. Can't seem to do that. I did manage to get the red square into 3D larger than it was in Xtreme, and then changing the font size to 20 made it the correct size, but then line spacing would not allow me to move it all the way up to where it should be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1.jpg 
Views:	1713 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	29764  
    IP

hey guys,

im trying to make a 3d spinning scotland flag with the st andrews cross on 1 side & the lion rampant on the other, is this possible????

i can get it with 1 or the other but not sure how to get the 2 images on each side of the shape

cheers
    IP