Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Default Re: Could someone make this image 3D and spin please?!

You purchase X3D6 and PM me the Purchase Confirmation as proof and I'll do the animation again, tidying up some of the sloppiness and removing the copyright. I'll also throw in the X3D file so that you can modify it to suit for your own purposes
    Last edited by Big Frank; 01 November 2006 at 05:25 PM.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

I have downloaded the trial version, but noticed that I cannot import jpg files to animate. Does the full version support this? Or would I have to convert the file? If I need to convert what software would you recommend? (I currently dont have anything other than Photoshop for editing/saving image files)
    IP

You cannot animate a bitmap (which is what a JPG file is). You can only animate a vector object (e.g. font characters or imported vectors like WMF or XAR files) and then texture map that bitmap JPG file onto it - this is how I created the animation above from your original bitmap. To create or edit vector objects I would recommend none other than Xara Xtreme as it allows you to copy and paste shapes directly from Xtreme into X3D. And also it is the dog's danglies at loads of other stuff as well making you far less dependent on Photoshop.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Talking Re: Could someone make this image 3D and spin please?!

Ren2980 you are an amzing person that is absolutly excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by ren2980 View Post
    mike,
    Received your message. The attached file is the best I can do. Otherwise, you need to ask around to suit your requirements.
    Peter
    IP

Well I downloaded the Xara Xtreme trial and can't do much with it Maybe my brain is fried or maybe the trial version just doesn't cut it. I can't even remove the background from that logo. I read through some of the tutorials and it STILL won't work! what am I doing wrong? Is it because the trial versions features are limited?
    (Seems like an awful lot of trouble just for one logo!) Can anyone help??
    IP

There's nothing wrong with the Trial version. You can't remove the background from an exported file until you purchase it (this prevents people using it without purchasing after they have tried it and found it to their liking).

Like any tool you use for the first time, it can take a little getting used to, but it's the easiest 3D application I have ever got to grips with in such a short space of time. Bryce, Maya and Truespace are monsters in comparison. Plus we have converts here from Ulead3D. Whether you think it is worth the effort for just one logo depends on how much you want that logo really.

If you think X3D "won't cut it" then perhaps you can think of another lower end 3D application that will. I know I can't.

What exactly is the problem you're having with this and maybe one of us can offer a solution.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

If I can't use all the features how do I know if I will like it? (Something as simple as removing a background just so I know it worked would be nice! )
    I guess I'm not crazy then, just can't use the feature I needed.

I'm sure the full version will work wonderfully but with any software I buy I like to be able to see how it works before I jump into it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong since I couldn't remove the background. You answered my question. thanks.
    IP

I have just been to the Xara 3D Support site and it doesn't mention this background image thing at all, even though those of us who have purchased the product are all aware of it. I think Xara should make this much more prominent on this page http://www.xara.com/downloads/xara3d/ because we get asked this question time end time again by Trial users.
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

This can be found, with some digging:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_Image1.jpg 
Views:	727 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	31455  
    -=Bob=-
    IP

This thread is now 10 pages long and has covered several "Please animate this for me" requests. To ensure similar requests are no longer added to this one I'm going to lock it. If you want a similar "Please animate this for me" request, please start a new thread.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host
    IP