Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can XaraXtreme Export so I can Import Into Adobe Illustrator 9 or higher

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since i was here.

I wanted to know if XaraXtreme can export an image made in XaraXtreme so it can be imported into Adobe Illustrator 9 or higher.

Here's the problem. My dad makes everything in XaraXtreme and has gotten pretty good at it, but most ppl that want his work all have adobe illustrator 9 or higher, and we cant seem to find out in what format(or if it is possible)we should export, so adobe users can open the file. Any info will be very help full.

JohnLogan.

Default Re: Can XaraXtreme Export so I can Import Into Adobe Illustrator 9 or higher

Welcome back to TalkGraphics John!

There are some topics that have previously covered this topic. It may be worth your while to read them. The first one is by one of Xara Xtreme's Guru's, Gary Priester and the Developer of the Software, Charles Moire'.

The Second set of topics is informational and may give you some more clues.

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...be+illustrator

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=21143
    Last edited by jamesmc; 22 July 2006 at 02:56 PM.

Default Re: Can XaraXtreme Export so I can Import Into Adobe Illustrator 9 or higher

Hello John and welcome back.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi John,
    Easy with Extreme, Export it as a PDF so long at it has no bitmapped effects or transparencies. If it has any of these effects then when imported into Illy they will become bitmaps.

Other method is to Export as "ai. eps" and inform the person to Open or Place it in doc. The same rules apply here as PDF, only simple vectors and all text should be converted to shapes. The advantage of this method is that the layers will be maintained while in the PDF export itt will be one layer. Should also make comments that feathering also stpped when importing into Illy. Should also say if you have Acro 6 or any other PDF maker then you can print to it and save it as PDF X that way.
    Last edited by Albacore; 22 July 2006 at 05:25 PM.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Thank you all for the quick response

This worked great for all the things my dad made.

thx again.

JohnLogan.