Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to create a sharper nicer wallpaper out of smaller video snapshot.

Hello all. New here . Thanks for this wonderful product. I am curious as to whether I could use Xara LX for this:

I have a crappy video image I got by taking a snapshot of my video player screen.

I want to turn this video clip into a nicer well rounded and sharper image, andperhaps larger image so as to become useable as a PC wallpaper, without noise on image.

Can I and how can I use Xara LX to take a basic png image from ksnapshot or video snapshot into a 1280X1024 large wallpaper with lustre or good quality without the blurry images when set as wallpaper or viewed large?

Any ideas?
    IP

Default Re: How to create a sharper nicer wallpaper out of smaller video snapshot.

Hello Kazuya,

Welcome to Talkgraphics.

Xara LX is still under development and not all features and functions are in the current revisions. Xara Picture Editor (XPE) is not available at this stage of development.

Xara LX could resize the image but it doesn't have the Picture editing funtions without XPE, so the result would show pixel enlargement.

What are the dimensions of your original image? If it is much smaller than the desired 1280x1024 even XPE may not be able to enlarge it with smooth results.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update
    IP

Default Re: How to create a sharper nicer wallpaper out of smaller video snapshot.

You could always "trace" it into a vector image and then re-save it in a Picture format. If you play around with it enough, you'd be surprised with the quality of the results. I remember using this feature back when I had the Windows version. I don't know if the Linux version has this feature yet or not ... (I'm still patiently waiting for the Mac version)
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by kazuya
    Hello all. New here . Thanks for this wonderful product. I am curious as to whether I could use Xara LX for this:

I have a crappy video image I got by taking a snapshot of my video player screen.

I want to turn this video clip into a nicer well rounded and sharper image, andperhaps larger image so as to become useable as a PC wallpaper, without noise on image.

Can I and how can I use Xara LX to take a basic png image from ksnapshot or video snapshot into a 1280X1024 large wallpaper with lustre or good quality without the blurry images when set as wallpaper or viewed large?

Any ideas?
    As a general point (nothing specific to LX here) you aren't going to be able to automatically turn a blurry noisy image into a sharp noise-less image. Information theory (Nyquist et al.) will tell you that. However, you may be able to do it manually - the information you add is then from your own brain :-) Try turning it into a vector image. You could use the tracer to start off with (though it's often counterproductive - I know, I wrote it). Or better draw around the original objects manually, and "recolour" them - transparency is great for this. However, it will be a time-consuming process - you are effectively redrawing a photo. An easier route (if it's possible) would be to take a better photo of the same thing :-)

Alex
    IP