Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Xara to Quark

Default Xara to Quark

I will attach a file for you to try, my conclusion is that Q sucks. Sorry but exporting pdf does not look good in quark. This is one program that only might like tiff files, let me know what other file exports works well with quarky.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Xara to Quark

Older versions of Quark (I'm not sure about version 7, which is in final best tests), use a low resolution display image for positioning only.

Does your version of Quark let you print from a non-postscript printer? And if yes, does the image look OK when you print it out?

Adobe InDesign offers a high resolution preview of placed images which is more reassuring. But the ultimate test is how it outputs on a printing press.

Gary

Gary, yes quark 6 displays very bad, imagine when you are tyring to see if the paths you made in photoshop or illustrator look good in quark and it is next to impossible. Might switch to Indesign, many are ....

No I want to stay away from postscript.
    Thank you for your help gary.

I worked with Quark to version 4.5 or someting there...
    My opinion is that problem with preview of EPS is with recorded from Xara low resolution preview
    EPS from old versions of Xara (Corel Xara 1.5 / 2) was not good understood from Quark, the decision was to open Xara EPS in Corel or Illustrator and reexport it again, and then place it again in Quark....

with newer versions I havent observations
    [A]bort? [R]etry? or [S]elf distruct

minimiro.com