Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Filter no longer working

A couple of filters I use a lot are transparency: eliminate white and eliminate black. I had to install a new hard drive, so I just went through the joy of reinstalling everything. My filters were stored to my backup drive and are all in good order. The filters work in Photoshop and yet no matter how I point to the filters and even have installed them in the Xara Xtreme directory, they no longer work. I just can't figure what has happened.

Early in the week I did an experiment with these filters, using them on a fish illustration. I can open the illustration and when I click on plugins, the filters say that they are missing.
    Every day's a new day, "draw" on what you've learned.

Sally M. Bode

Default Re: Filter no longer working

Sally,

One of the versiions on the Eliminate White filters needed plugin.dll in the Extreme folder. There are couple of versions. Photoshop has plugin.DLL in its folder.

Cybia Alpha Works works nicely in Extreme.

Rich

P.S.

http://thepluginsite.com/products/pi...s/makework.htm
    Last edited by molucca; 30 July 2006 at 02:17 PM.

Thanks, Rich, I had done this before and after hours of restoring software, It was 2:00 in the morning, my brain was tired of thinking.

Another question, I had purchased Super Blade Pro and also India Ink from Flaming Pear. I have a backup drive where I save what I don't want to loose so I have the serial numbers saved there as well. There wasn't a problem with installing the India Ink filter, but the serial number didn't work for Super Blade Pro, I have emailed them about the problem. When I copy serial numbers it is copy the code they emailed me, then paste it in the program and paste it in where I store serial numbers so I have never had this problem before.

Any ideas?

Sally M. Bode

Sally,

No idea.

The running SBP I have for Extreme is a copy of the files in the PS plugin folder. I did see a few things in the registry, but were file locations.

It has been along time since I installed it.

Rich

I emailed for help from the listing at Blade Pro and they kindly sent me a new serial number which works.

Here is the email address of the man who helped me:

lloyd@flamingpear.com

Sally M. Bode